Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ski's and Fishing?

Anyone ever take their ski out to go fishing before? If so how did u do it? How did u store your poles and fish?

You could make a rod holder out of pvc or whatever that clamps to the back of your ski or the seat handle. Put some water in the front bin and toss your fish in there. Hack an aquarium pump (they probably run on dc anyways) to use as a livewell.

Or just run them down and suck em up into the impeller. Instant RXP sushi!

+1
    Stuffed my small ultralight setup under the seat strap. Had a micro box for the tackle. Put a trash bag down in the front storage container to turn it into somewhat of a trashcan and threw in a bag of ice (unopened). Anchored down and had a good time. Threw the catch in the front compartment and tied off the bag before returning to the ramp. Those fish got the ride of their life on the way in. LOL
    Last edited by RXPwildchild; 09-19-2007 at 09:54 PM.

mr. knowitall
    ok heres the deal, i have the rxt with the ski pylon, i can raise the pylon enough so that the butts of two rods will slip down in them and then the pylon is pushed down enough to pinch them in (no damage to the rods or ski ) if this wasnt an option i would then mount some rod holders in the rear near the tow hook and i would probably go with the "ram" brand available thru cabelas or other sporting suppliers.

right now i am in the middle of fabbing up a removable trolling motor bracket for the rear of the ski and i am mounting a deep cycle battery in the front trunk, the trolling motor shaft was cut down to better fit the ski.

you will basically need to pack lite, i use a small box that holds the basics ( using the type of lures for what ever fish you are persuing) a small anchor comes in handy and a small cooler for a few drinks and snacks.

basically the ski works out great for fishing, the rxt is stable enough to stand on the back and cast or just sit on the seat, you can drift over a hole or anchor up but i am looking to have some control with the trolling motor. all of this will be removed if i am going out and not planning on fishing but all in all i think there is a lot of potiential for fishing with these boats and it will take some refinements but i am sure once the word gets out ,fishing off a ski will be all the rage . maybe i should apply for a patent

+1
    In one of my magazines there was a article on a guy in Hawaii that modded some rod holders to the back of his RXT and he would troll for sailfish...He actually catches them too and he jumps in the water with the sailfish and tags them...So it can be done and work well...just keep it out of the prop.....

kinda like this guy...

Dont judge me...
    that guy is not to smart in my book!!!

we will be reading about how he get speared in the chest or head next

That looks like a great set up. Now, how do I hook it upto the ski? I have an '07 GTX Limited.

mr. knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnson View Post
    we will be reading about how he get speared in the chest or head next
    i would feel safer doing that then jumping out of a perfectly good air plane i do like his rod holder setup and it gives me a few good ideas, i'm off to the drawing board guys

RiverRat19405, im a rat in the water RiverRat19405's Avatar

Talking fishing off ski

i do it i have an ultra light colapable pole i put in front box i only go for bass but its fun esp when none of your other freinds can get out lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information