Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sea Doo Young'n

Heeeeellllllp! My first ride since Iraq! Burning oil!

I went riding today and started off good hitting 70 on gps nothing too crazy. It's my first ride since getting back from Iraq. Well about halfway around the lake it starts bogging and rpms drop to 6800, then 5800 and blue smoke starts comnig out my exhaust. Now I'm not that great with engines but I do recognize that as being oil burning. I open it up and find that oil has been shoooting out through my blow off valve. I pretty much realize "uh-oh" a piston ring. Sure enough I remove the spark plugs and on the third one: oil. Anybody know what this means? I guessed it was the ring. Am I right?

I'm sad, mad, depressed, angry, upset. So now I need help. What do I do? Someone give me some good news and not anything about switching insurance to Geico. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by ChachoRXP; 09-20-2007 at 03:09 PM.

wow, dosant sound good, might have blown sc which might have caused the problem

First of all. Thank you, for serving our country and I'm glad to see your back Ok. Now to your problem with the ski, How long did it sit witout being used ? And the next important thing was did you properly prepare the ski for hibernation ? You could of had frozen piston rings and when you cranked it up BADA BING !!. Again this is just a thought cant really say until you do a compression check.

Sea Doo Young'n
    Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    First of all. Thank you, for serving our country and I'm glad to see your back Ok. Now to your problem with the ski, How long did it sit witout being used ? And the next important thing was did you properly prepare the ski for hibernation ? You could of had frozen piston rings and when you cranked it up BADA BING !!. Again this is just a thought cant really say until you do a compression check.
    It sat a whole year. I didn't prepare it for hibernation. I didn't know I was supposed to. Frozen piston rings? I don't think you mean cold right? There's definitely oil in the piston area. I just checked. It's all tannish colored. How do I fix it now?

Sorry to hear about your ski. Hope you get it fixed and back out on the water soon, burning up some fuel!

Just wanted to say thank you for serving in our armed forces and appreciate what you've done. Glad you made it home safe.

+1
    sounds like its been over filled with engine oil and it is sucking it from the beather through to SC straight in to no3 cylinder.Check oil level first then compression test let us know what u find

Dude , welcome back. God bless you

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
    sounds like its been over filled with engine oil and it is sucking it from the beather through to SC straight in to no3 cylinder.Check oil level first then compression test let us know what u find
    I agree!

+1
    Also was it stored for a year with gas in the tank? If so you might just have bad gas in there drain the tank and put in fresh gas.

Thanks for everything you have done for us over there in Iraq

+1
    i wold venture to say the gas is definately STALE u can spot bad gas in two strokes EASIER as it SEPERATES from the oil and is EASILY noticed out the exhaust pipe but on a 4 stroke as it is not mixed its a bit harder to tell other than bad performace probably from detination i would assume with the LACK of OCTANE im sure is loses over time from setting! i woudl siphon fuel and try some new gas. good luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information