Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm houseless!

I'm houseless!

The sale of our house closed yesterday and we don't close on the new house until this afternoon or tomorrow so I'm houseless for a day or two and that's a weird feeling since the deal on the new house isn't totally completed!

And then waiting for the HUD and finding out how stinking close the dollars are is freaking me a out a little too...I'm feeling the squeeze so much that I decided to swallow a quarter just so I'd have a quarter on me (I'll probably poop out 5 nickels as tight as it is!) LOL!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i know you have a bunch of kids too... we went thru the same thing years ago.

We're a family of 5.... we sold one house and moved out, and the other house we were having built had just started getting framed! Well... we lived in someone's detached garage in their backyard for 7 months until we finally moved into our house, which was interesting bc it was the first house completed and there was no street, no sidewalks... just a house with electricity surrounded by dirt piles and bulldozers.

Anyway Jeremy... good luck!! i'm sure it will work out

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    i know you have a bunch of kids too... we went thru the same thing years ago.

We're a family of 5.... we sold one house and moved out, and the other house we were having built had just started getting framed! Well... we lived in someone's detached garage in their backyard for 7 months until we finally moved into our house, which was interesting bc it was the first house completed and there was no street, no sidewalks... just a house with electricity surrounded by dirt piles and bulldozers.

Anyway Jeremy... good luck!! i'm sure it will work out

wow did the garage have heating/ cable/ internet?? musta been a big garage for 5 people..... sounds rough!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IowanGPR View Post
    wow did the garage have heating/ cable/ internet?? musta been a big garage for 5 people..... sounds rough!
    we were much younger... my 2 brothers and I slept in the loft that was "upstairs"

my parents had the pull-out couch.

it was a detahced garage with a half-ass cottage conversion. had a slate floor.

there was a frige, sink, and a pantry.

we had basic cable and a phone line.. no internet

we used a few electric space heaters and one kerosene heater.... no A/C

it was only supposed to be like 1-2 months... but there were a few things with the ghouse getting built so it took longer

This all reminds me of when I got married and we spent the first week or two sleeping on my twin bed that I had had since I was in elementary school. The result...my wife got pregnant in our 3rd week of marriage!

My work location changed a year ago this summer, so needed my house.
    I sold it with a delivery date of July 15th, 2006 and a possesion date of my not-yet-built house for Sept 1st of 2006. There was a month and a half overlap in which my wife and I, as well as our 3 kids and ur full grown Golden retriever lived in a tent trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bent View Post
    My work location changed a year ago this summer, so needed my house.
    I sold it with a delivery date of July 15th, 2006 and a possesion date of my not-yet-built house for Sept 1st of 2006. There was a month and a half overlap in which my wife and I, as well as our 3 kids and ur full grown Golden retriever lived in a tent trailer.
    WOWZA! I bet you had some fun! And I bet you really appreciate that not-yet-built house once you could move in.

when i was 12 yrs old my father decided to build a 4200 sq foot house by himself with alittle help from friends and family members, that was 18 yrs ago. he thought we could save some money if we stayed in the pop up camper on the property while he built the house. 8 months later we got to move into the basement while he worked on finishing the house. 8 months in a pop up camper with 4 people sucked.

same shit happened to me. dad decided to build a newer house. we had to live in a homewood suites paid by the company(which my father owns so it basicall came out of his pocket) for 3 months....it was the greatest 3 months of room service and housekeeping. even was in high school in a new area while this was going on. good times though. good luck jeremy!

Fun times! We closed on the new house this morning so now I have a house again. No money, but I've got a house!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information