Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would you all do

Ok, so I went and put in my notice at my second Job, and he came back with a counter offer of $12/hr for 5 nights a week at 5 hrs/night, or $13/hr for 3 nights a week at 5 hrs/night

Naturally i am thinking about it, not the 5 nights a week, but for 3 nights work that is $195. Thats not bad play money every week for barely any time invested.

What would you all do? Keep in mind i have been there 3 years, and was leaving due to being tired, not wanting more money, but since he offered.... i might stay.

What would you all do? I already work a full time day job m-f, and this would be a mon, tue, fri night gig.

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    Tough call...How big of a bump is it if you don't mind me asking?

Just remember that ultimately the toll you take on your body by going non-stop WILL catch up with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc7897
    Tough call...How big of a bump is it if you don't mind me asking?

Just remember that ultimately the toll you take on your body by going non-stop WILL catch up with you...
    Bump is from 10/hr now, so its a rather large raise.

I just talked to the boss, and told him I will do the 3 nights a week. This gives me some extra cash to play with, while not wearing me out, and gives me off on wed, thu, sat, sun, to play. Not a bad deal i dont think. I thought he might make an offer like that when i went to leave. now i feel better about the fact that I ordered a new gun today, and am odering an intake and exhaust on monday.

I completely agree with the previous poster. No amount of money can ever buy back your life, and my father used to work 18 hour days when he owned a restaurant... his life passed him by, and all he seemingly did was work. Made some great money while owning it, but he is definitely beyond worn out.

195 dollars a week... all depends on how much of a dent that makes to pay off your bills.

sounds good! you could always change your mind if it doesn`t work out, so it`s a win win until you say so!...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I completely agree with the previous poster. No amount of money can ever buy back your life, and my father used to work 18 hour days when he owned a restaurant... his life passed him by, and all he seemingly did was work. Made some great money while owning it, but he is definitely beyond worn out.

195 dollars a week... all depends on how much of a dent that makes to pay off your bills.

Makes sense. My thing is i Get bored....REALLLY bored. I already do nothing but work out the 2 hours I am home between jobs because of boredom(im pretty sure id be hitting 3 hrs a night on my off nights now).

195 covers half the jeep payment, so it isn tmuch, but when its just a savings account job its all ok. I would have said No, but with the GF living out of state, not having a dog(yet, getting one first thing when i dropped those 2 days), and being as bored as i am all the time, i figured it was in fact a win-win. Plus i have no time commitment to it, so if in a month i hate it, i can simply leave.

I applaud you for making such a sacrifice for extra money. I couldn't do it. I do all right in my first job so I have never been in that situation of needing the extra cash. If you need that income do it untill you cant anymore, it is a nice raise. I have always said I would rather spend time with friends, Family, and just living life. You only get one.

Thats the thing, its not really much of a sacrifice. I only have 2 friends that i hang out with that dont piss me off. All the other ones drink on every available oppurtunity, and if I ask them to do something else(go shooting, fishing, skiing etc etc) they never will because it doesnt involve beer and uses money. So sacrifice wise, its not one at all.

As for extra cash, i dont need it, just want it. I like padding my accounts while i am single and can, cause ones that marriage/baby thing comes along im screwed.

Boss man just said I am ok to run cable there too. WooT to having baseball games now as well. Damn...just need a weight room there and I will be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    As for extra cash, i dont need it, just want it. I like padding my accounts while i am single and can, cause ones that marriage/baby thing comes along im screwed.
    Oh come on, we're not that bad, and those of us with careers like to get them started before having kids...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    Oh come on, we're not that bad, and those of us with careers like to get them started before having kids...
    No you're not.

Im with ya tho, I got my career going now, so when the marriage thing comes along ill be good and ready (i should say if the marriage thing comes along)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information