Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

4-tec Hot rod camshafts?

OK, it looks like I will be going Stage 3 over this winter. Since I will be doing the valve spring upgrade, I am tempted to put in a hot rod cam while I am at it. I am looking for input ... I have heard good results from some people with the Rotax Racing cam, but also heard rumors of the Rude cam too ... Anybody have experience with/knowledge of either cams performance? In particular, I have not heard anything about the Rude cam ... Anybody running one?? Speed increase?? Are they harder on the stock valves than a stock cam / cause valve breakage??

I would definatley be interested in that too. I also saw some threads with a rumor floating around about a rude cam. I also remember Jerry or someone commenting on the rr cam having most of its gains in acceleration and mid range. I dont know about top end though. Would be nice to see if anyone chimes in on possible cams and their benifits.

I know Shibby was running a Rude cam and it sounds disgustingly good. Maybe hell chime in

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    yea that's about as far as i got with it... idling it on the trailer, lol... well not exactly.

I came across an unknown rebuilt motor... it checks out "ok" so i started slapping HP on the motor... installed the Rude cam, and it sounded insane, and put it in the water and was completely blown away by the midrange acceleration and throttle response the ski had. completely blown away... for about 8 minutes that is... when the "unknown" rebuilt motor wrecked a rod bearing and destroyed my crank

very very very long story short with lots of aggravation along the way... my motor has been in my hull with no cylinder head for about 2 months now.... this is why you see me running around with stupid ass used skis like a Polaris, an X-2, now a stupid watermouse boat, and some other crap i've accumulated lately...

so in short, i have no feedback, just lots of bad luck and bad business dealings waiting on others' services on some of my motor parts

it did sound disgustingly good tho, i'll tell ya that, LOL.... while it lasted

and this is why i say get a stock ski and ride it... high performance, high dollars, high risk factor... the risk for me was can't depend on people to deliver their services in a timely fashion when your riding season is as short as mine... so instead i successfully rode my RXP for one weekend this entire year thanks to Jerry lending me an entire engine of his at mudbug

I have a Rude Cam, not yet installed, but soon...I will report gains...it is my understanding that the Rude Cam starts making power a little lower than that of the RR, about 6500 rpm for the Rude vs 7000 for the RR...I have also been told that for me (stock ECU) there is no danger to stock valve train. I have been told that I will see much acceleration and a little on top end...BUT TRUTH IS IN RESULTS, and I have none yet...

I am VERY excited about this mod, more than any other I have done yet, this cam coupled with the Greenhulk Shorty Box should sound very tough and MEAN As soon as my buddy has some time he will put it in for me, we keep him busy and he keeps us going, but hopefully by end of next week I can report!
    Last edited by ARNYGOLLOTT3; 09-20-2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: spell check!

Shibby, if memory serves me, didn't you have some issues with a 'hotrod cam' and mod exhaust setup...? Wasn't there some trouble with the boat not cranking in the water because of too much water in the mod waterbox? I know I have read about such an issue somewhere...I may be wrong?

Should I be concerned with a Greenhulk Shorty Box and the Rude Cam..?

A cam is the next step for me too. I raced a ski a couple of weeks ago its accelaration was better than mine midrange and .5 mph top end he had a rr cam. $1300 is alot for that little perf.

+1
    what was the ticket for that Rude cam? i have the Rude supercharger and the Rude controller on the way with a LM1 gauge and my j-pipe with a bung and CANT decide which one to get the RUDE or the ROTAX! Rude to go with my other pieces or Rotax because of the engine! let us know if yours gets to run longer than 8 minutes like Shibs did unfortunately! i do remember RXPSteve saying his ROCKED and he has the Rotax Racing i believe he said and hes a RELIABLE source for one and usually knows what hes talking about!

I bought mine 'used'...but never installed...so I did not pay retail price...but my understanding is that it is a little pricier, couple hundred if I remember correctly, than the RR Cam!

Trust me, if it is just half of the hype I will be reporting (bragging ) to all of you asap...

Talking

I have a RR cam laying around in my garage, i am willing to sell it for 780.00 shipped. I will accept Paypal for the same price.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information