Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Fuel Controller, Injectors, Custom Fuel MAPS

Now available in the online store!

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...ex&cPath=18_52

Nils of Rude Performance, Brian of BT Technologies and I have teamed up to offer programmable fuel controllers, injectors and custom fuel MAPS thru the online store.

All mapping will be done by Brian (bttek1) He has spent countless hours testing different levels of modifications and writing MAPS for each level of modification. For those wishing to purchase just the MAP Brian will ask that you sign a "do not disclose" clause stating that you will not copy, distribute, sell or give away this program so please provide a fax number when placing the order.

The complete fuel controller package is ideal for those that have the Les B kit, or for those planning on installing another high flow supercharger. (coming soon to a store near you )

+1
    You stated "for your level of performance". What happens when you add more mods? Do we send the controller back and pay additional or is this a one time deal and send back for reprogramming? I think the price is right but there is a gray area with future upgrades. And what about people that are staying with the stock ECU?
    Is there anyone out there reprogramming stock ECU`s?

+1
    I will let Brian answer the questions regarding tech support and future upgrades.

Yes, you can run the fuel controller with the stock ECU.

There are a few ways to go about this. The easiest way would be for the customer to send back just the fuel controller and I can upload the appropriate map depending on what exactly is done to the engine.

There would be an additional programming fee but it would probably be about half the cost of what one would pay initially.

Another way would be for the end user to purchase our programming cable (40.00) and they would have to program the fuel controller themselves. I want to stress that it is VERY easy to make a mistake with the fuel mapping and cause major problems so I would only recommend this if one has complete knowledge of what they are doing.

In other words it is very possible for someone to change the fuel map to make the engine run very lean and cause major damage.

Thanks!!

Brian
    BT Tech

Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    You stated "for your level of performance". What happens when you add more mods? Do we send the controller back and pay additional or is this a one time deal and send back for reprogramming? I think the price is right but there is a gray area with future upgrades. And what about people that are staying with the stock ECU?
    Is there anyone out there reprogramming stock ECU`s?

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    So let me see if I understand this correctly:

You're not actually making any alteration to the ECU (ie. timing, etc...)?

You're only altering the fuel delivery (in 99.9% of cases adding more through bigger injectors/longer duration) to compensate for the added volume of air being introduced by the various modifications throughout the powerband?

Thanks...

+1
    The fuel controller takes away any fuel controlling capabilities of the ECU and is custom programmed to meet the modification level of your ski.

OK I gotcha but is fuel the only parameter altered or does this setup also alter other parameters (ie. timing) as well?

+1
    Just fuel, but a fuel/timing controller is under development right now

OK that's what I'm looking for...

I think the fact that this will alter the fueling based on your mods (and not just based on the hope and prayer that the Rotax ECU's are adding enough...pardon me if I step on anyones toes with that statement) is a wonderful starting point and currently going to be much better than the alternative...

However being able to alter the timing as well....especially when you start talking about adding 5-6+lbs of additional boost is where the real answer will be at...

I know it can be done currently with the Rotax EMS stuff but this will be more suited to the average rec user who doesn't possess the abilities to safely adjust those parameters (people like myself... )

+1
    Now this is damn good technology worth the investment to me! Without getting too deep into the R&D and secrets of this, how are you going to get around the knock sensor? Remember, I`m sticking with the stock ECU. I can not and will not compromise my plan.

This is gonna be a damn good device. Being able to even taylor to the weather changes. Wow,,,I`ll be able to live on the edge,,,CONSTANTLY! :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information