Thread: OK how do you winterize
09-20-2007, 06:20 PM #1
OK how do you winterize
Ok dumb question but I am from CA. now here in TN where winters get down to 14 degrese. I never even knew there was a temp that could. First year here ruined my pressure washers and water pumps and a number of other gas tools.
How would I winterize the skis? 2006 sea doo gti and a 200 yama gp760. And I already asked and my wife will not let me bring them in the house. I say they would make nice chairs but no go. Thanks Keith
09-20-2007, 08:15 PM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Hickory, NC
i would also like to know how cause im gettin my first ski next year and want to be prepared........could someone help us out?
09-20-2007, 11:22 PM #3
-Pour some Seafoam or Stabil in the gas tank
- Start up engine and punch the throttle up to about 6k quickly (Burp the throttle) DO this several times until water stops coming out the pump.
-Change oil and filter
- Pull top hose of intercooler and pour some RV antifreeze in the intercooler
- Reconnect hose
- Pull plugs and spray fogging oil in the cylinders and replace plugs with old beater plugs for the winter
- Pull throttle body hose and spray inside TB with fogging oil
- GEt yourself some steel wool and plug up where exhaust leaves the boat (Keeps the critters out)
- Pull battery and put inside your house with a battery tender on it
- Go inside and cry yourself to sleep cause you wont be riding for a few months at least!
09-21-2007, 07:17 AM #4
Thanks for the info. If I fill it up with anti freeze how do I get it out after winter?
09-21-2007, 07:23 AM #5
I thought that RV/Marine antifreeze is biodegradable. I could be wrong on that part. To get the antifreeze out you just run the ski on a hose or take down to the lake and ride.
09-21-2007, 07:27 AM #6
So its the same proceedure on a closed loop system?
09-21-2007, 07:51 AM #7
- Join Date
- Jun 2005
- Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I believe if you look in the "How-to" section some one has a write up on this topic.
09-21-2007, 07:53 AM #8
09-21-2007, 08:05 AM #9
winterize...............what does this mean what is that french
09-21-2007, 08:13 AM #10
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
no no no bad for ski
what are you doing that is a bad thing to do to a ski keep riding!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By KTMduals in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 09-27-2013, 03:12 PM
By HallPass in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 11-27-2007, 08:55 AM
By HallPass in forum Yamaha How To & FAQsReplies: 9Last Post: 11-27-2007, 08:55 AM
By mmctaggart in forum 2-Stroke PerformanceReplies: 8Last Post: 09-17-2007, 08:03 PM
By theantiRXP in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 12Last Post: 05-14-2005, 05:44 AM