Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

3-Seaters with Aftermarket Intake Grates

Anyone done back to back testing to see if the stock grate on the larger skis is in fact faster?

I know you'll get more rough water speed and hook-up with an aftermarket intake grate, but i'm not looking for that... i want to know which grate is the fastest down to the tenth of a mph.

hoping someone did a little testing so i don't need to buy a grate and test myself... suddenly went broke

+1
    Shibby, search for some of Burnwater's posts ... I think he tested that, and I think he found that the stock was the best on the RXT (unlike the RXP which seems to like the Riva grate).

+1
    that's what I recall as well vern, but everytime i turn around everyone with a 3-seater either had the riva, R&D or worx grate......

i been using the seaarch function for half an hour, lol .... reading thru every RXT post known to man, nothing real concrete yet

I have the riva grate on my rxt, when I put a wedge on the ski, the handling went to crap. When I put the riva grate on, my handling came back. Not quiet all the way, but about 90% of the handling is back, screams around turns, and stays hooked up better in a chop. Plus I gained a slight amount a speed. Minimal.

+1
    I did alot of reading... and Burnwater did a TON of testing of wedges and grates.... he consistently found the Riva intake grate to be slower on his RXT no matter what he did. He also found that knifing the stock grate yielded the best results ad porting the pump was a nice addition but requires alot of skill and technique.

do a search of author by "Burnwater" ... u'll find a TON

am I the only one using a R&D grate on the 3 seater? I don`t know, but my boat has been faster since the upgrades...PR...

+1
    Shib-you ride ALOT of chop and long distance rides........what do YOU want,speed or more hookup????

Shib you using a R&D grate? you like it? I saw one on ebay for cheap and was debating on wether to get it or the riva...

+1
    i'm running a stock grate.... you know, the nice factory style that hangs below the hull like 1/4" and has gaps all around it.... they're pretty nice and fast, gotta tell ya....

i'm gonna finish installing all my mods and get my SC rebuilt and IC running and ECU dialed in.... then i'll start playing with the hull and whatnot with grades and wedges and whatnot...

i'm waiting on some parts in the mail mainly from the west coast which I didn't order until yesterday and some today... so i might not get them for the weekend.... i gotta do some extensive testing with the Skegs for u guys with the 3 seaters... at least i'm off next week for 5 days straight for Easter vacation (wed- mon)

shibby, if i receive all my parts this week i can do a back to back test with my Riva grate vs stock grate, currently there a lot of parts in "transit" like the Riva power cooler, complete SC with vortech SC impeller and upgraded 06' oem clutch, R/R ECU, new garmin e-trex legend Gps (my ancient gps 12 quit last week) new mods already done, jettrim red/black seat cover, PPG solas prop, 158 thermostat and Riva tru-hull exhaust. This riding season is gonna be FUN!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information