Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

R&D Pulley Kit $1530 GH

Anyone try one yet. I'm looking for input and some open discussion for those to read who are on the fence.

+1
    I have some questions to answer before I buy and will wait till later in the winter to purchase. But here are my questions maybe they can be answered here.

Why the 1:1? What pulley will require more than 93?
    Why not the 1.1 to 1 or the 1.05? Both fall below the 9000rpm max.
    Will the 1.1 require an intercooler upgrade?

Why buy the injectors? or when will the injectors be required?

Skip, on your blog your fuel pressure is set at 36#s and if I recall correctly according to r&D the stock fuel pressure is 40-43#s. This tells me you lowered the new injector flow rate. At first glance it appears the stock injectors with possibly the electronics or regulator will be adequate.

I look at the fuel system and the regulator and I wonder why not use the rising rate part of the regulator and trim with the electronics.

snapper455

R & D 1:1 pully kit at the SC Nationals

We took 2 boats to the Super Course Nationals with these kits installed, Raced them (with PUMP GAS) in the Pro Open class against the 80mph RXP boats that we have been battling all year. We pulled a 2nd overall. the first day we pulled a 2nd on the hole shot? pretty amazing! The starts are a 1/4 mile dragrace before you start to turn!. The races are 55 minuets long and wide open throttle the whole time. We had plenty of fuel even with the bigger injectors. I think the boats were even more efietient than stock.

the pink injectors have a better spray pattern than the green. better fuel atomization.

It is a real treat to work with a company that really knows what they are doing!

Glenn and Bill from R&D are a true asset to the 4-stroke watercraft industry

We have become real skeptics these days with all the 4-stroke technoligy leaving 2-stroke based companys puzzled for mods, but the big R&D logo is going on our trailer next year.

+1
    Great to here how good you guys did on your Ultras , Also good news with the pulley kits from R & D !

Good Question Need Good Answers From Good Guys

Rudy, Skip, any other Pros,

Like the pulley kit idea and want to know as much good technical info so I can understand the purposes and outcomes each. I saw this and was wondering if we can combine these threads and give the speedy rec riders a little insight as to the purpose for spending high $$ for multiple configs with the R&D pulley systems. Rudy I just spoke with you and know what your future plans are which would be great, but I'd love to hear about the different configs and how one certain option is better than the other i.e. 1.1 or 1.05, injectors, etc.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39175. Jwilson is on topic with some real good questions.

Steve

oh and one more thing, the importance to have the R&D crankcase oil fix to relieve extra crankcase pressure from different pulley configurations.
    Last edited by NJRIVERRIDER; 09-21-2007 at 09:38 AM.

+1
    I was going to coment on j wilson post but i have to get back to work , But he is right , about the fuel pressures but the R&D kit is made so it will work with every set up for differnt boost levels . The R&D crankcase kit would be a very good item to get let me know if you want one have some on order .

I'll be down on Monday"hopefully" to have the primary waterbox modded and order the crankcase vent kit. Also it looks like the pink injectors are an all around good idea if you plan to change the pulley's. Is the fuel programmer a must or is there some way to avoid this option and use a pre-set programmed a.f.r?

+1

copied from other post

I have some questions to answer before I buy and will wait till later in the winter to purchase. But here are my questions maybe they can be answered here.

Why the 1:1? What pulley will require more than 93?
    Why not the 1.1 to 1 or the 1.05? Both fall below the 9000rpm max.
    Will the 1.1 require an intercooler upgrade?

Why buy the injectors? or when will the injectors be required?

Skip, on your blog your fuel pressure is set at 36#s and if I recall correctly according to r&D the stock fuel pressure is 40-43#s. This tells me you lowered the new injector flow rate. At first glance it appears the stock injectors with possibly the electronics or regulator will be adequate.

I look at the fuel system and the regulator and I wonder why not use the rising rate part of the regulator and trim with the electronics.

+1
    ok, I have been thinking about the fuel delivery and the injectors and I am not convinced the larger injectors are the way to go with the 1 to 1. Here is why

Stock delta P is around 30 psi just from doing simple math. So if the pink injectors are running on 36#s and boost pressure is raised to a guestimated 14#s delta p is now down around 21-22#s. Spray pattern will suffer with the lower delta p. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Seems like an alternative is to raise base pressure to compensate or use the rising rate of the regulator. The rising rate appears to be a good solution with the electronics provided the fuel pump can supply the volume needed at the elevated rail pressures.

Obviously, what is out is working I just wonder why the path offered was chosen for the 1 to 1 pulley.

Jason
    Last edited by spaulding; 09-21-2007 at 01:35 PM. Reason: clarification

Good job Bobby. Sounds like you were "Foreman vs Frazier" down there with the Noble team. Two good teams toe to toe . . . that's good racing.

Is your G Force team coming to the World Finals Havasu Endurance Team race on October 7th? jb

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information