Sporadic engine power at idle speeds.

Idle rpm 1100-1400. Sound like it wants to shut down but doesn't. Otherwise runs great. Max RPM 7840. Plugs? If so should they be replaced now or can it wait?

If you have a buddy with a 250 then barrow his plugs to eliminate that idea. Sound just like a plug issue though.

my friend ski same problem as your last sunday. I cleaned his plugs with tooth brush since we at the lake nothing we can find and after that his ski run normal again. Hope this help.

Quote Originally Posted by allin View Post
    Idle rpm 1100-1400. Sound like it wants to shut down but doesn't. Otherwise runs great. Max RPM 7840. Plugs? If so should they be replaced now or can it wait?

HAHA I used a toothbrush too....Then I forgot to get a new one, and was pissed I couldn't brush my teeth in the morning....

As far as the problem...That is how mine started out, started to idle rough, but still ran strong, next time I went out, I finally got out of the no wake zone and hit it and to my dismay I pooped a plug. Long idle home lol...

I personally would just go replace them.

Thanks guys. Because of my pwc swinger lift issues think I'll shut her down for the season. Amazing machine in chop.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcolog2 View Post
    HAHA I used a toothbrush too....Then I forgot to get a new one, and was pissed I couldn't brush my teeth in the morning....

As far as the problem...That is how mine started out, started to idle rough, but still ran strong, next time I went out, I finally got out of the no wake zone and hit it and to my dismay I pooped a plug. Long idle home lol...

I personally would just go replace them.
    Always use somebody else's toothbrush,wash it and put it back they will never know

Quote Originally Posted by xxxshowdownxxx View Post
    Always use somebody else's toothbrush,wash it and put it back they will never know

I've been through 2 sets of plugs and acted the same way at idle. I'm suprised you can pull those RPM's with plugs that are starting to fail (or need a cleaning) let us know what you find!

Thread Information