Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ordered a RXT-X

Ordered a RXT-X

I know this is my first post, but I definately wanted to extend a big thanks to all the reviews and incredible amount of information made available on this site. I have been a powersports addict for many years with respect to atv's and now SxS's, but never owned my own watercraft.

I have been looking over posts here for several months now and I'm glad I waited for these slick new '08 "X" models to arrive.

A good friend of mine hooked me on riding a couple years ago while spending a weekend at his lake house. He has an '05 rxp and to hit 70mph on a Kentucky lake cove in a late summer picture perfect afternoon on total glass sold me hands down.

Ever since, the need for water speed has been a priority of mine so after much thought, yesterday, I ordered an '08 RXT-X model. Why the RXT-X? Well a couple reasons...I have a family of four and wanted the ability to take on three people and also "legally" tow a wake board or tube without fear of getting busted. Plus, among other things I like about the crafts capability, you can play the "we can use it as a family" to the wife for a little more purchase approval rating...haha.

Anyway, looking forward to getting it somewhere around January...sucks that it will remain in the garage until probably April, but I cannot wait for it to arrive.

Again, thx to all the posts for allowing me to make my mind up as there are so many decisions to be had the '08 model year.

I do think that BRP / Seadoo products are pretty well made overall and although others out there have a good product as well, I believe these units will be the better choice for '08..WHY, because the model runs have been out there for a while now and have had enough time for user feedback to incorporate refinement. I can tell that BRP engineers have obviously looked over this site.

As far as price for the new RXT-X, I saved over a grand off the retail. If anyone wants to know where I ordered mine from, please let me know and I will put you in touch with them. These people are great and not to far from me here in TN.

Later on, Jon

+1
    is it MOUNTAIN ADVENTURE MOTORPSORTS where u got it????????

+1
    Congrats Jon! How long will it actually sit in your garage? Now you have things you can ask for Christmas - like gear to ride in cold weather. Enjoy!

Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    is it MOUNTAIN ADVENTURE MOTORPSORTS where u got it????????
    No. pm me. Jon

+1
    Congratulations I hate you.

Just kiddin, the RXT rocks!!! enjoy...

+1
    My son ordered a 08 RXP-X today so now I guess I'm going to use your idea and odrer a RXT-X and trade hers in. I'm also going to add that Sea Doo fixed the washer issue so that WONT be a problem again. They fixed it once already. Plus she always like the finger throttle on her old KAWI better so I can use that also. Soooo now I also wont have to modify her old RXT like I wanted and I get to ride it and have fun instead of ride it and get beat

The billet aluminum finger throttle is a nice add for this year and the overall steering assembly looks really cool.

Once I have some ride time, I'll be glad to share my thoughts on it....powersports in general can be really addictive, especially in the mods category. I'll be paying close attention to the Riva site to see when a stage 1 becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by jwade View Post
    I know this is my first post, but I definately wanted to extend a big thanks to all the reviews and incredible amount of information made available on this site. I have been a powersports addict for many years with respect to atv's and now SxS's, but never owned my own watercraft.

I have been looking over posts here for several months now and I'm glad I waited for these slick new '08 "X" models to arrive.

A good friend of mine hooked me on riding a couple years ago while spending a weekend at his lake house. He has an '05 rxp and to hit 70mph on a Kentucky lake cove in a late summer picture perfect afternoon on total glass sold me hands down.

Ever since, the need for water speed has been a priority of mine so after much thought, yesterday, I ordered an '08 RXT-X model. Why the RXT-X? Well a couple reasons...I have a family of four and wanted the ability to take on three people and also "legally" tow a wake board or tube without fear of getting busted. Plus, among other things I like about the crafts capability, you can play the "we can use it as a family" to the wife for a little more purchase approval rating...haha.

Anyway, looking forward to getting it somewhere around January...sucks that it will remain in the garage until probably April, but I cannot wait for it to arrive.

Again, thx to all the posts for allowing me to make my mind up as there are so many decisions to be had the '08 model year.

I do think that BRP / Seadoo products are pretty well made overall and although others out there have a good product as well, I believe these units will be the better choice for '08..WHY, because the model runs have been out there for a while now and have had enough time for user feedback to incorporate refinement. I can tell that BRP engineers have obviously looked over this site.

As far as price for the new RXT-X, I saved over a grand off the retail. If anyone wants to know where I ordered mine from, please let me know and I will put you in touch with them. These people are great and not to far from me here in TN.

Later on, Jon
    what is the price on the rxt-x? i forgot

MSRP is 13,299

Banned User
    I ran this ski at the Seadoo show and it is awsome especially with the trim the ski handles like a race ski. It really helps with the acceleration also. With a few cheap mods this is gonna be a great ski and the erogonmics are great on this machine you will be blown away. JOJO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information