+1

Minimum hours for a upgrade to Stage 2?

I had my sons (daughters now) 07 apart for Jerry's washer upgrade, added a Green Wheel, well anyway one thing led to another, while is was apart and well now its a full blown Stage 2. My question is, is it bad with only 6 hours on the ski? Lets face it it doesnt have full RPMs yet but I will bet money that 99% of the parts break in has occured in the first 2 hours.
    Heres my list,
    Green Wheel with Jerry washers
    3" Front Intake
    42# Injecters
    Pirahana IC
    Through Hull Exhaust
    NO BOV
    Pump Wedge
    Catch Can
    Riva Pro Block Offs
    Groco Strainer
    Riva Intake Grate
    15/20 Solas Concord
    Riva Sponsons
    Too Soon With 6 Hours? Should I add or change something?
    Last edited by mstennes; 09-22-2007 at 02:49 PM.

+1
    i would 3/4 throttle it for about 2 hours or so after the install just to be sure everything is bolted up correct! then after that i would RIDE IT LIKE I STOLE IT!

+1
    the ONLY thing i see u MIGHT need is the VALVE TRAIN KIT if u rev over 8100 rpm! good luck!!! hope it ROCKS! im off to try my Rude fuel controller myself! lettuce tomato!

I've had my ski modified since day one---the only problem I've had is a bad carbon seal @ 2 hrs (prob. leaked from day one).

How cool is your dealer about mods? Mine turned his nose up at first, but has been cool overall. I've done some business with them in the past, and I don't think they want to lose a good customer over it.

I would suggest not getting the ecu/valvetrain upgrade. I would think that most dealers would frown upon any "internal" mods in the engine.

Banned User
    +1
    You're gonna have to dial in the prop anyway, so just wait until you get close to the 10 hour mark...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    You're gonna have to dial in the prop anyway, so just wait until you get close to the 10 hour mark...
    Danny,
    That was what I was thinking. Since the ECU wont give me full RPM yet I figured I would ride untill then so I can get a baseline for prop tweaking. I dont plan on changing the ECU or the valve train as my son ordered a 08 RXP-X today, so now this boat is my daughters. Mom doesnt want it too fast . I'm getting my sons 06 which will go full on Stage 3 with a Rude conversion. We took it out for about a half hour after the conversion, rode it slow checked for leaks than it was WOT riding like it was stolen. I had to run with my son on his 06 Stage 1+. It was just to much lack of discipline for me to be beat by him. He could holeshot but couldnt out run me. My dealer is very cool about external bolt ons, dont want to find out about valve train upgrades or ECU mods though. We have done allot of business with him for everything from dirt bikes/ATV's to water craft so hes been VERY good to us. He even went to bat for me when we had very big issue with a RXT one time, he got us a replacement on Sea Doo so we wouldnt be down while they put a new engine in it, it through a rod out the side and it was late July and said it would be 6 weeks on a replacment engine so he called them on his own and said this is BS we dont have that long of season and they couldnt get a engine but they could get a replacment RXT.
    Mike
    Last edited by mstennes; 09-22-2007 at 02:50 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    Once you dip into Stage 3 area, go into the motor and redo valvetrain, you can toss warranties away....Its good that the dealer is treating you well, he knows that what you are doing is proper stuff...Maybe let him take them for a ride so he knows what you're doing...

yea, when that ECU hits the 10+ hour mark, you'll have a diffrent ski...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Once you dip into Stage 3 area, go into the motor and redo valvetrain, you can toss warranties away....Its good that the dealer is treating you well, he knows that what you are doing is proper stuff...Maybe let him take them for a ride so he knows what you're doing...

yea, when that ECU hits the 10+ hour mark, you'll have a diffrent ski...
    I let them summerize them so they take them for a spin in the local river. I do everything else but a real good friend of mine works there so I do all the work except the summerizing so everyones happy

Thread Information