69.6 without Riva ride plate

Hi guys I can not tell you how importaint it is to get more air to this motor. I took my Ultra back to stock with both water boxes and and stock air box and stock prop, all I could gps was 66.5 even with the other air mods in place, so I went back to shore and put my ski on the trailer and switched it back to the R rated air intake. I did not buy the whole system just the venturie for 54.00 and got the rest local pep boys and local hose shop total 95.00 in air system. Hour later put my ski back on the water and gpsed 68.8 good 2.3 mph faster. Air temp 95 water temp 87. In my pics you can see my air mods that include flowrights under the glove box and opening up the vent in the air scoop all the way through. If you have a buddy with an RXP that has put on a through hull exhaust you can use one of the hoses that is removed from his boat that is shaped just like the one from riva for our ski that is 189.00 to get rid of the second water box. It was good for about .4 top and better acceration and the best part free. You will have to cut the rear pipe just like riva to make it fit. I will post a pic later of this. I also put on a reworked stock prop from Impros, I turned better rpm and it was faster on top.4 but low end did not hit as hard. Now we are at 69.6 so I went back home and rmoved the center bar on intake and all excess silicon from scoop area and polished it all up and now stand at 69.9. I did have on the 2 degree wege for all testing. I am trying to get all I can before I put on the Riva ride plate. I will be at the World Finals at Lake Havasu to get all the hop ups I can for a grand or so. I hear they give good discounts there. Well when I get a chance I will post more and I hope this helps. Thanks Shawn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_9989.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	445.8 KB 
ID:	39563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_9984.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	39564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_9976.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	985.5 KB 
ID:	39565   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_9986.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	496.2 KB 
ID:	39566   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_9977.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	605.3 KB 
ID:	39567  

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    =d> =d> =d>

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Good Job Shawn!

I like the custom touches you've done too.

Can we see more of your ram air mod?

Did you take out the pump holder like i did to polish out?

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Good Job Shawn!

what is a pump holder ??

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Pump Holder, some peeps call it a shoe.

Here's mine after I removed, smoothed, and powdercoated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0995.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	39649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0996.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	39650   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT1003.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	281.7 KB 
ID:	39651  

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Good Job Shawn!

Thanks, I will try and take some more pics tommorow and post them. I did not take out the pump shoe i did it with the pump and grate off, yours looks good. I rode today at millerton lake and noticed my boost was down to 10lbs of boost. I had flooded my boat bad last week when I had a cooling line come off and my boat had a lot of water in it and my supercharger belt started to slip. So we trailed the ski and drained it and put back on the hose that came off. I tested the boat after that but only for a coupe of runs. I guess my belt is a little loose I will check the ajustment on it tommorow. Anyone have specs on what it shuld be ajusted to. The bolt to ajust it is loose but I bet it has a locking bolt someware. Thanks Shawn

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TOQUICK250X View Post
    Hi guys I can not tell you how importaint it is to get more air to this motor. I took my Ultra back to stock with both water boxes and and stock air box and stock prop, all I could gps was 66.5 even with the other air mods in place, so I went back to shore and put my ski on the trailer and switched it back to the R rated air intake. I did not buy the whole system just the venturie for 54.00 and got the rest local pep boys and local hose shop total 95.00 in air system. Hour later put my ski back on the water and gpsed 68.8 good 2.3 mph faster. Air temp 95 water temp 87. In my pics you can see my air mods that include flowrights under the glove box and opening up the vent in the air scoop all the way through. If you have a buddy with an RXP that has put on a through hull exhaust you can use one of the hoses that is removed from his boat that is shaped just like the one from riva for our ski that is 189.00 to get rid of the second water box. It was good for about .4 top and better acceration and the best part free. You will have to cut the rear pipe just like riva to make it fit. I will post a pic later of this. I also put on a reworked stock prop from Impros, I turned better rpm and it was faster on top.4 but low end did not hit as hard. Now we are at 69.6 so I went back home and rmoved the center bar on intake and all excess silicon from scoop area and polished it all up and now stand at 69.9. I did have on the 2 degree wege for all testing. I am trying to get all I can before I put on the Riva ride plate. I will be at the World Finals at Lake Havasu to get all the hop ups I can for a grand or so. I hear they give good discounts there. Well when I get a chance I will post more and I hope this helps. Thanks Shawn
    That's a great speed.
    With the Riva ride plate, you should really be flying.
    You are exactly right about fresh air.This thing craves it. The more you get inside the hull, the faster it will go. One tip, extend your homemade intake toward the front and you'll get more and cooler air into the air horn.
    Removing the rear vent hoses and fittings will also help.
    Jimmy

Mine is still faster then yours... even just sitting in the water...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010242.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	785.8 KB 
ID:	39901

Quote Originally Posted by wshu425hp View Post
    Mine is still faster then yours... even just sitting in the water...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010242.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	785.8 KB 
ID:	39901
    Hey Brad get out of here your ski is not even broke in yet besides every one knows the red 250Xs are faster,HHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA. Are you going to go with us to the world finals. Shawn

Thread Information