09-23-2007, 03:43 PM #1
GPRXP Vigilante Conversion Parts List
Hey, I was thinking we (us forum members) could put together a list of all the parts needed for the conversion.
Obv. the people who have completed the conversion or are working on it now will have a better sense of the requirements.
Hydrotoys outlined most of it in the RXP/GPR Engine Swap thread but I figured it be a good idea to list all the parts out so people who want to try the conversion can have a shopping list.
I'll start the list off with basics. Please add to the list if you're interested in contributing. I tried to separate into 3 categories: 1) Parts from RXP 2) Parts from GPR 3) Other. Obviously the project requires a lot of time, patience, and a decent amount of money.
Complete RXP engine (block, supercharger, intercooler etc)
RXP Gauge Cluster
RXP Mpem and wiring harness
RXP Fuel tank and fuel pump
RXP drive shaft(Modified by Ted Thompson)
RXP Tilt switch
800 or 1200 Intake Grate
GPR modified intermediate bearing and housing.
Custom intermediate assembly bracket
Open Loop Cooling from 4tecperformance.com
Custom Engine and Battery Mounts
Custom Air Intake
Last edited by Insanediego Joe; 09-23-2007 at 03:53 PM. Reason: added some parts
09-23-2007, 03:56 PM #2
straight from the designers website!
- Complete Engine and wiring harness.
- Gas Tank, 4 straps, 2 brackets,vents, and Pump.
- Driveshaft for mid-shaft conversion
- Main wiring harness.
- Handlebar wiring harness.
- Gauge and wiring harness.
- Speedo and internal wiring. Cut 6" from connector.
- Battery and cables.
- PEM and bracket and sensors.
- Temp sensor/buzzer
- Switch housing.
- Rear RXP engine mounts.
- J-pipe and hoses
- motor mount shims.
- All the hoses.
- Throttle Cable and finger or thumb Throttle.
- GP12/13R Hull/Topdeck/Steering/Body panels/seat.
- The GP800R hull has mounts in the wrong place, and hasn't been done yet.
- 2000-2001 intermeddiate shaft.
- Motor mount shims
- Speedo and hull feedthru.
- Entire pump tunnel. (2005 pump system is preferable)
- 2" pump spacer and hardware.
- 2" extension on steering and trim.
- Gas tank vent system.
- 2 bar grate. Either 800 or 1200.
- Stock, R&D or Riva rideplate, modded for 1300r use.
- TDR waterbox. Model MC-1
- Riva 1300r free flow hose.
- Solid front mount.
- Oil catch can and fitting.
- Rapid Accelerations Open Loop cooling plate and adaptor.
- Jegs 2 gauge battery cable kit.
- Pump Tunnel re-inforcement
- Pressure relief valve. Either jetworks valves or drilled shoe.
- Turn nozzle recommended.
- Engine Mounts
- 304L: Common or 316L: Common in Marine.
- Wire: AWS E/ER308 or 312 welding wire.
Amount: All in 1/4"SST
Left side:2" bar x6L"
Right side:2" bar x6L"
mid-support:2"x2" x14.2L" angle
- Rear Port:
top 2" bar x6L"
bottom 2" bar x6L"
- Rear starboard:
Top 2" bar x 8L"
Bottom 2"x3"angle x6L"
- Tri-Mix Shielding gas
- Mid shaft:
- RXP driveshaft.
- 2000-2001 intermeddiate shaft.
- 2-6 week turn around time.
- See midshaft contact post.
- Battery tray support:
- 1/8"x1"x1" L-bracket. Approx 3ft.
- 1/8"x2"x2" L-bracket. Approx 1ft.
- Rubber mat.
- M6x30mm bolt.
- Sheet SST metal 3"x8"
- Mid-shaft support bearing support.
- 1/8" aluminum plate, approx 6"x 10"
- Bent to L-shaped bracket.
- Water-feedthru pipe.
- Air Intake.
- SC size converter.
- 4" x9" K/N filter.
- 4" x6" straight piece.
- 2x 4" clamps.
- 1x 3" clamp.
- gpr flexible tubing from front air intake to rear of ski.
- Or the Riva RXP 3" system bolts right on.
- Gas Tank
- 2" coupler for filler hose.
- Extra clamp.
- Bottom corners of "front" of the rxp tank (which sits in hull backwards) need to be heat fitted to the hull.
- RXP vent system (in/out seperate vents)
Last edited by Hydrotoys; 02-07-2008 at 02:37 PM.
09-23-2007, 06:24 PM #3
...and let's take a minute to recognize some of the folks that have helped. In no particular order, (except for Ted, without Who's driveshaft design this wouldn't work.) Lots of opinions, and cross-contamination, trial/error, internet sources, prodding to finish, abilities to see past brands and personal choices,
Green Hulk forums. Lots of ideas from here, go without mention. Lots of info, just from all the SD and Yami posters here.
Visa and Mastercard
...and probably about 100 other folks on here I can't remember due to my old-timers setting in.
Seriously, there have been tons of ideas that poured in to make this even happen. I spent a lot of time learning to weld, brushing up on some basic geometry, lots of arguing with my friends, and lots of time online and in a baking garage. Tons of lucky things happened. No one wanted the old GPR hull.
Thanks again. I'm nearing the end of this project, hopefully around 90mph. Only time will tell this winter...
04-25-2008, 04:18 PM #4
07-14-2011, 08:03 PM #5
Any updates. additions, or new inventions that need to be added to this list to make it easier for future conversions?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By o uncola o in forum Conversion Skis ClassifiedsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-09-2010, 06:37 PM
By Green Hulk in forum Conversion FAQ and TipsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-12-2007, 09:17 AM
By RX951 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQsReplies: 25Last Post: 05-01-2007, 09:10 PM
By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 2Last Post: 11-19-2005, 09:11 AM
By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 20Last Post: 09-10-2005, 06:15 PM