Some quick questions...

Ok, so I have the JW kit, but havent ridden the ski in the ocean with it yet, and have 2 questions about that. Is flushing everything out a problem with the JW kit? Also, since there are "slow zones" where you can go 5-10mph, would it be a problem if my valve is set to 3-3.5k rpm but I keep the throttle at around 2.5-3k rpm? I mean, will stuff melt, or are impulses from the engine not significant enough to do damage at that low rpm?

I am wanting to reinforce my tunnel, since I dont want to sink the ski a second time... Do I need to take off the pump shoe brackets to do the DYI method with CF and the marine epoxy system? I have an 04.

Since I want to keep the oil pump, I want to put clamps on the hoses. I dont need to take anything apart besides the stinger to get the pump, right? Anyone have a picture or diagram that points out all of the hoses? What would be good clamps that I can get locally? Obviously SS, but any specific brand?

I think that that is all for now

OH btw - Anyone know if the FX's have accelerator pumps? Pretty sure they do, but not positive.
    Last edited by PuprleNuprleGPR; 09-23-2007 at 05:16 PM.

+1
    The exhaust doesn't get hot enough to melt anything below 4k rpms.

The best way to flush the boat is dump it in a lake or the St Johns on your way home, this flushes the WB and the pump.

Do a search for the correct size Oetiker SS clamps for the oil lines. best is to dump the system all together IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The exhaust doesn't get hot enough to melt anything below 4k rpms.

The best way to flush the boat is dump it in a lake or the St Johns on your way home, this flushes the WB and the pump.

Do a search for the correct size Oetiker SS clamps for the oil lines. best is to dump the system all together IMO.

Thanks for the info. I cant put the ski in fresh water the same day, but what about 1-3 days later? We used to ride the skis in salt water for the first 1.5 years that we had them and have had no probs by just flushing them on the hose and hosing everything down, it just that theres no way to get water to the rear parts of the exaust with the JW. Also, about the oil pump, I find it much more convenient to leave it in.

+1
    Just flush it good and hose out the pump the best you can. Its not going to hurt the waterbox due to it being coated in oil. Make sure you run it in the fresh water as soon as possible and everything will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PuprleNuprleGPR View Post
    I am wanting to reinforce my tunnel, since I dont want to sink the ski a second time... Do I need to take off the pump shoe brackets to do the DYI method with CF and the marine epoxy system? I have an 04.

Since I want to keep the oil pump, I want to put clamps on the hoses. I dont need to take anything apart besides the stinger to get the pump, right? Anyone have a picture or diagram that points out all of the hoses? What would be good clamps that I can get locally? Obviously SS, but any specific brand?
    Anyone wanna chime in on this part?

+1
    Originally Posted by PuprleNuprleGPR

Yes you want to remove the brackets, then reinforce the tunnel, then pull everything together with the brackets.

Yes remove the stinger to access the oil lines. I wouldnt worry so much about the EFI oil lines as they have little sleeves that slide down the hose and hold them to the injection nipples. Just make sure the little sleeves are slid down far enough.

Thread Information