Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is a Wedge Worth it??

Is a 2* Pump wedge worth the money? Does it give definite results? and should you do the reverse gate mod to maximize the reults? And what kind of MPH gain can I expect from it with my mods? thanks!

I did a lot of searches and it seems like half the forum members like them, half don't. I'm going to install it to see what results I get.

IC IC...Riva Says 1~2 mph gains....???

That would be an interesting test, TB. With your size, I'd say anything to get the bow up is worth it.

I didn't think the pump wedge was worth it. Don't really know if I gained anything by it. All I do know is when you trim all the way down with the pump wedge you're at nuetral trim. A little awkward lookin, not really a smooth flow look. I like to be able to trim down a little further for more bite in the turns. As far as the reverse bucket mod I didn't notice any gains what so ever. All I noticed was that I was able to trim higher without it scrubbing speed. Try and take the whole thing off ( bucket ) and then see if that will make a difference. If it doesn't no sense in cutting your bucket.

I have a GTX LTD so no VTS...But hell if this thing will get my bow up and help with drag it should help...I would think...

If you want it to help keep the bow up it will do that. I notice every time I let off the throttle the front end does not sink down. It just coasts with the nose up until the end. I think the intake grate has something to do with that also.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    AJ.... don't buy nothing yet... i'll let u know in the next week... and then i may have something for sale depending on my test results

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    well... let me re-phrase... i will have 3-seater handling and speed results of various wedge combinations and rideplate skegs .....

the wedge WILL no doubt give you a drier ride on the 3-seater and will keep the nose out of the water at slow speeds with a full tank of gas.... and it will be mroe playful and agile in the turning department...

but if ur looking to know if it's worth it for TOP SPEED.... those results i will have shortly. I did a test with the wedges last year with ultimately ZERO speed gains from it, not even .1 mph gain or loss.... i'll see if that changed

I have the wedge on my rxt, I lost lots of handling characteristics, but if you decide to get the wedge. Make sure that you get the Riva Intake Grate for your handling to come back. Without this grate, you will not be able to turn good at high speeds, with the riva grate, it feels like a motorcycle at high speeds making sharp turns, carves around turns like a dream for a 3 seater. I gained speed in the chop, none over smooth water, but can tell a difference dramatically. You do also stay dryer with the wedge like what was said before. You get the bow out the water and you stay a little dryer and handles a little better through the chop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information