Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

I want to go 80+ -- Help!!

This summer, my brother purchased a 2007 GP1300R. Since then, we've been looking at Riva and similiar products that would increase WOT to about 73 MPH for about 2,300. This just isnt enough for him

I've read around about 'pipe kits' and BB kits, but what can HE do for HIS ski? How much would something like a BB cost, and who could do it?

"I want eighty"

Thanks a lot
    --Pike

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    talk to chrisrokc his 1300 engine just blew... and hes in the process of getting a 1390 which he keeps telling me how fast his ski will be going
    ( 80 mph range )

Mid to upper 70 mph range can be had if tuned correctly. What mods do you have now?

For a certain 80mph run if tuned correctly a BB setup would be the way to go. I am in the process of going from 1300 to 1390cc my self. Many others here have setups like what mine is going to be and they are reliable.

+1
    You will have to "get into" it, learn it, and love it if you want to go 80. If you plan on throwing money at it and demanding to know where's the performance, you won't get there. Learn the ropes, ask questions (intelligent ones), and you will be happy with your achievements.

In case you don't know, 80 is not a "run of the mill" ski. Believe it or not, "everybody" is not going 80. It takes skill, patience, and lots of money to do so. You will get there, just not right NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    You will have to "get into" it, learn it, and love it if you want to go 80. If you plan on throwing money at it and demanding to know where's the performance, you won't get there. Learn the ropes, ask questions (intelligent ones), and you will be happy with your achievements.
    This is the truth! Then again you could just want a fast ski and take it to a tuner and say heres the check book, I wanna go fast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    This is the truth! Then again you could just want a fast ski and take it to a tuner and say heres the check book, I wanna go fast.
    That is the very definition of a poser.

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    That is the very definition of a poser.
    Werd

If you go BB and get the plate & prop right i dont see a prob with doing 80 or close.... BB is about 2 gran and a good plate cut in all the right places for .970 or better angle df 14/23-24 pitch and all the basic stage II shit. I didnt find it really that hard to do just bought all the goodies I was told and installed them blew 80 away first pull.....If you need a list pm me

+1
    Spud Broke 80 on his ported 1300!! Patience, attention to detail, lots of time spent trying different set-ups, tracking changes all this takes time, if you are willing to invest the time 80 is very achievable. Money well spent makes a difference. Read and learn from the members here many have invested the money and time to see what works and what doesn't. I can tell you that you will not walk into Riva spend 5K on parts and walk out with an 80mph ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by osidebill View Post
    Spud Broke 80 on his ported 1300!! Patience, attention to detail, lots of time spent trying different set-ups, tracking changes all this takes time, if you are willing to invest the time 80 is very achievable. Money well spent makes a difference. Read and learn from the members here many have invested the money and time to see what works and what doesn't. I can tell you that you will not walk into Riva spend 5K on parts and walk out with an 80mph ski.
    BINGO!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information