Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help with new mods

I have a 04 rxp and have just moded it , IC ,green wheel. #42 inj ,moded exhaust air intake. Today is frist time I rode it and when you accelerate it starts going and then will loose power ( like leaning out or loosing boost) then may pull hard to 8050 rpms then fall to 7200 rpms .Some times if you hold wide open may only go to 6500rpms then take off and thenfall off. Check spark plugs and collor is med brown so they are ok. this ski would only turn 7700rpms since new. I still have the stock prop in the pump. Can any one help with this .Thanks Mozer

please help

did you replace the sc washers? If you did i would recheck your oil level at the water and definatley check for boost leak. Seems like a boost leak would be aconstant loss of power though. I bought a used 04 rxp and it did the same thing. Mine was stock when this happend so it wasnt a boost leak but i changed my plugs and my oil was high and then i didnt have a problem after that. I changed those things and a fewe free mods i hit 70 later that week.

I did change the washers to the riva ones , oil level is ok also , this ski will also surge while riding at a stedy speed ,said at 6000 rpms

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mozer View Post
    I have a 04 rxp and have just moded it , IC ,green wheel. #42 inj ,moded exhaust air intake. Today is frist time I rode it and when you accelerate it starts going and then will loose power ( like leaning out or loosing boost) then may pull hard to 8050 rpms then fall to 7200 rpms .Some times if you hold wide open may only go to 6500rpms then take off and thenfall off. Check spark plugs and collor is med brown so they are ok. this ski would only turn 7700rpms since new. I still have the stock prop in the pump. Can any one help with this .Thanks Mozer
    Sounds like a boost leak,.But You are also way under propped.you could be cavitating under acceleration ..with those mods you need to get a bigger prop.Your never gonna see the full potential of the mods..

if I have a boost leak it would not come and go or would it and if it where cavitating hte prop would be spinning and rpms would be high but ski not going, right . what I have is my rpms are falling off . thanks mozer, I know I need a different impeller ,that will come later , but I don't think that is my problem . thanks mozer
    Last edited by mozer; 09-24-2007 at 08:30 AM.

+1
    Did you put 04-05 clutch washers in a 06 shaft assembly?

Here is how you tell the difference
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30604

Also, are you running a BOV?

You mention that you have never been able to run over 7700 RPM's.

The 04 RXP's had a knock sensor update done to them. If you ever brought it into the dealer and for any reason he hooked up the BUDS computer the update was automatically flashed to the ECU. The update was two part though as a piggy back harness had to be installed between the knock sensor connector and stock wire harness. If this piggy back harness wasn't installed your RPM's would be limited to 7400 to 7700 RPM's

I have the o4 shaft and I had a rebuild kit from seadoo for a03 gtx sc that I had and use the new kit less the clutch washers, used the riva ones I got from you. cheched slip with a torque wrench and had 8 flbs so I simmed spring washer so I had 18 flbs . I do have a bov and it is an adjustable type and have it set at 16 lbs. I have never taken the ski back to a dealer so I know that no recalls have been done. at one time at the coast the ski did turn 7750 rpms . thanks mozer

+1
    The 03 rebuild kit as shown here uses 06 spec metal washers
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=340

Is this the rebuild kit you used? You mention using your 05 shaft. The parts for the new rebuild kit (gear, flat nut, etc.) are not compatible with the 05 shaft.

You also mention having 18 foot pounds of slip on your clutch. Are you sure? If you keep running it like that you will break the gear and/or shaft.

The problem you're having is consistant with a BOV that is leaking off boost. Try blocking it off and see what happens.

I only used the spring washers and o-rings from the kit . but I do have 18flbs of torque on the clutch , how much do I need. I will lock off my bov and try that I also called my local dealer and he is gonig to do the knock sensor update. I have a module that connects to the intake temp sensor to trick the ecu to run it richer but have not used it yet .do you think I will need it thanks mozer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information