Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Officially getting rid of our 250

When we first purchased the ski everything was great, but as of late one little problem after another keeps popping up. 1st it was a footwell pad that fell off, then the paint on the edges of the rear view mirrors rubbed off from the covers, next fouled plugs, then of course the gas in the oil and the straw that broke the camels back? The paint has started to bubble up in the footwells! I was washing it after bring it back from the lake yesterday and noticed a paint bubble about the size of a nickel in the footwell. I also own a 2000 ultra and have no problems with that ski at all. I'm very dissapointed in kawi with their crappy production standards for this ski. Its going back to the dealership this week and they will be informed that they can keep the damn thing. Anyone have the customer service line for kawi so i can call and inform them of their awsome quality control? I was so looking forward to this ski when it came out, but its just not worth it. Looks like a new yami sho for me...

snapper455
    you posted this in the wrong place! when it gets deleted repost it in the general discussion area
    Last edited by snapper455; 09-23-2007 at 11:11 PM.

SeaDoocer
    Quote Originally Posted by mooneyb91084 View Post
    When we first purchased the ski everything was great, but as of late one little problem after another keeps popping up. 1st it was a footwell pad that fell off, then the paint on the edges of the rear view mirrors rubbed off from the covers, next fouled plugs, then of course the gas in the oil and the straw that broke the camels back? The paint has started to bubble up in the footwells! I was washing it after bring it back from the lake yesterday and noticed a paint bubble about the size of a nickel in the footwell. I also own a 2000 ultra and have no problems with that ski at all. I'm very dissapointed in kawi with their crappy production standards for this ski. Its going back to the dealership this week and they will be informed that they can keep the damn thing. Anyone have the customer service line for kawi so i can call and inform them of their awsome quality control? I was so looking forward to this ski when it came out, but its just not worth it. Looks like a new yami sho for me...
    Man, I feel for you..really do. We've all been through a lot of this and know your frustration. I for one know about the paint job..sell it for what you can and call it a good lesson. I know the frustration and have been there-done that..and also the need to vent. It comes a time though, that you realize you have to make a decision; either sell it or work with what you have and try to stay positive. It's a beautiful ski and rides like no other...too bad you can't enjoy the pleasure for the pain.

Screw selling it for what its worth. If Kawi doesnt do something about this I'm going to be contacting a lawyer.

SeaDoocer
    Screw selling it for what its worth. If Kawi doesnt do something about this I'm going to be contacting a lawyer.
    It wouldn't be the first.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDoocer View Post
    It wouldn't be the first.
    Not throwing fuel on the flames, but one of my fellow Esquires handled a case against Kawasaki on a 250x just last month. The ski blew 2 motors within 27 hours, highly unusual. He won the suit and the client received a full refund. I am sure this is a very unusual case, and I am sure that it is not restricted to Kawasaki, but lemon law cases are winnable.

Steve

This is starting to go in a direction that we don't want it to go.
    If your selling the Ski then there is a Classified section.
    If your looking for advice then ask for it.
    If your just venting then vent but don't start a Kawi Revolt on the GH forums.
    We cant do anything for you. Just advice that will finally reveal that the responsibility for action falls on you, not others.

+1
    I suggested before that people who feel like they have been screwed by Kawi after purchaseing an Ultra should form a website like Sea-doo owners did years ago. www.KawasakiSucks.com would be a befitting name. For reasons not fully understood to me, the mods on this forum will let people grip about problems they are experiencing but get upset when owners try to discuss potential legal action against Kawi among themselves. So why ruffle feathers here.....the world wide web is a BIG place !!

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    I suggested before that people who feel like they have been screwed by Kawi after purchaseing an Ultra should form a website like Sea-doo owners did years ago. www.KawasakiSucks.com would be a befitting name. For reasons not fully understood to me, the mods on this forum will let people grip about problems they are experiencing but get upset when owners try to discuss potential legal action against Kawi among themselves. So why ruffle feathers here.....the world wide web is a BIG place !!
    Richard
    We have made the policy decision that this is a forum, not staging ground for lawsuits. By all means, anyone can discuss problems, complaints or any other issues. I'm not speaking for the admin staff, but I personally think that a performance forum loses credibility if it is viewed as a place where people go to organize lawsuits, protests or demonstrations. Websites organized for those specific purposes, rather than performance forums, are better suited for that kind of activity IMO.

oh you will not get anything good out of it....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information