Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I have a really slow one?

Something must be wrong.I received my Riva ride plate and i installed it with my 2degree wedge.Results GPS 65.8 rpm 7680.I cant reach 7700.I have:Riva block offs,performance intake ,exhaust and R&D pump stuffer.No cavitation from pump and shoe area.My friends ultra gave 68.7gps 7850rpm same day,same time,same mods.We were both full tank and he is heavier.We changed skis and i noticed his has a "lighter" feeling.The only noticed thing is that his gets 2-3 more bars at the boost meter.Mine never rose above 10 and he has 2-3 bars above 10.We both have stock BOV's.My next step is blocking the BOV.I have fuell in oil issue ,he doesnt.(R&D kit preordered).
    I dont expect the skis to be same but 3mile is too much.could those 2-3 bars of boost cause all that?Any ideas?

I'll be interested to hear what others have to say but your ski's performance is virtually identical to mine when its running right, as to rpm, boost and top end. I'm thinking that 65+ to 68+ is just normal variation, perhaps partially explained by break in (and too gentle may be as detrimental as too hard).

I thought that the R&D oil separator kit is designed to prevent gas from getting in the oil but does not block off the BOV. I'm trying to decide whether to get the R-Rated BOV block off or the R&D Cool Air Intake kit that puts a filter on the BOV rather than blocking it off. I'm assuming from what Ive read that blocking or filtering the BOV (thats functioning properly) does not add mph but Id like to hear what others think too.

try swapping bov's with your friend.(easy to do)

Gossosidis, khleemehrah, how did the two skis' acceleration from a stop to 40mph compare? jjb03, are you saying then that the BOV may be malfunctioning even when the only symptom is top end of 65 v 68? Do you think its better to block off or put a filter on the BOV?

Blue:I have a filter on the BOV.Its useless,its only to get rid of the hoses (and looks cool).Blocking is a way to be sure that it doesnt leak.
    Jjb03:to be honest, it didnt cross my mind.Very smart thought.Will be the first thing to do.Thanx

i hav'nt blocked mine i took it apart and adjusted it (3 turns i think).
    mine ran right on 10 but after the adjustment it flicks between 2-3 bars above 10. my only other mod is a wedge and u pipe to bypass 2nd waterbox (ride plate on the way) but i consistantly run between 68- 69 on gps and around 7850 rpm.
    the bov adjustment is on skips team moto site.

blocking off the bov is the simplest way to go though.

I hate to block a safety mechanism but i will do it first as a test.Could this justify an 150-200rpm difference?I dont know what else to do.Oil level right,intercooler clean,extra silicones cleaned.

Several others have had defective BOV. Mine wont hold over 5 lbs. Been running the block off ever since.

Stock the best reading I got with my ski was 67.5, after installing the riva plate I now have a best of 69.4, I can say with no hesitation it gave a solid 2mph. I first tried it w/ the wedge and it destroyed the rought water capability of the 250, without the wedge it's a lot better but still comprimises rought water hook-up. overall the 2mph is nice but the pump un-hooking isn't..

My boost gauge when new would hit 11 psi, now it does not go above 10 psi. I'm guessing it's leaking slightly...

I'm not keen on blocking it off and bypassing a safety feature. There seem to be many quality adjustable blow off valves on e-bay, there has to be something that would work better the that plastic POS on our ski's..
    Last edited by Chris288; 09-24-2007 at 07:13 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information