Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help,,, Intermittant BOG !!!

35 hours, ski ran fine on Saturday, was very rough, first thing out on Sunday I developed a WOT BOG leaving the ramp. Headed back in, changed the plugs all seemed o.k. few miles later bogged again, headed to shore, snugged up the battery cables, ( they weren't really loose ) and is still doing it...

Seems to only do it at WOT, will run fine for 3-4 miles then a sudden drop in power and rpms to around 3-4K, speed from 65 to 30 mph and for as long as I hold it, it will stay bogged down, When I release the throttle for a few seconds she picks right back up to 7,800 may run fine for another few miles and then bogs out intermittantly... any ideas guys ??? Thanks Chris...
    Last edited by Chris288; 09-24-2007 at 08:09 AM.

+1
    Are you submerging the front or getting alot of water over the ski?
    mine does something similar but only when i really dig the frotn in and submerge it..

John, no, it's not water injestion, this was happening on glassy conditions yesterday running at full throttle, would run for a few miles and out of no where have a sudden loss of power down to about 3-4,000 rpms and would stay there until I let off for a few seconds then then when I got back on it, it would be fine for a few more miles and stumble again.

+1
    Could be exhaust leak too ... at low speeds, not as much exhaust escapes, and not as much air is needed by the engine. At WOT, more exhaust leaks (higher pressure), and more air is needed by engine, and it is not getting it. Try running with the seat off.

It sounds like either fuel or air starvation. Rule out one then look for the other. I know that sounds obvious, but that's what the mechanic will do.

I remember a post somewhere on this site, somebody who worked for a Sea-doo dealer said they were having similar symtoms and it turned out to be a bad battery, someone else posted similar problems and a battery fixed it... HMMMMMM, it was rough as heck out on saturday and with the Riva plate the front took a pounding, I wonder if I have a bad battery ???

B&V

cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    35 hours, ski ran fine on Saturday, was very rough, first thing out on Sunday I developed a WOT BOG leaving the ramp. Headed back in, changed the plugs all seemed o.k. few miles later bogged again, headed to shore, snugged up the battery cables, ( they weren't really loose ) and is still doing it...

Seems to only do it at WOT, will run fine for 3-4 miles then a sudden drop in power and rpms to around 3-4K, speed from 65 to 30 mph and for as long as I hold it, it will stay bogged down, When I release the throttle for a few seconds she picks right back up to 7,800 may run fine for another few miles and then bogs out intermittantly... any ideas guys ??? Thanks Chris...
    when it does it , shut down the engine Fast, pull seat to remove the plugs, look at the color if there white your running lean (lack of fuel)she'll run hot and loose power, your pumps may be loosing vacuum causeing the fuel to starve the engine, when you slow down or shut down it give it a chance to fill the diaphran with fuel plug the vac leak and your back at top speed, till they can't keep up again

Quote Originally Posted by b&v View Post
    when it does it , shut down the engine Fast, pull seat to remove the plugs, look at the color if there white your running lean (lack of fuel)she'll run hot and loose power, your pumps may be loosing vacuum causeing the fuel to starve the engine, when you slow down or shut down it give it a chance to fill the diaphran with fuel plug the vac leak and your back at top speed, till they can't keep up again

Diaphran? Pumps?

Sounds like a rack of Novi Carbs your speaking of? Having heard talk like that for years.

The Ultra 250 has one electric fuel pump and a fuel rail providing pressurized fuel to Fuel injectors. Only Vac line we have is going to the Relief valve. Maybe Im miss reading your post.

Chris, do you have air mods or the BOV block off? If not, maybe try disconnecting the BOV hose to the air box. I dont see what purpose it serves. My performance came all the way back today (except for a brief hesitation on holeshot) when I removed the hose. I may have had some tainted gas tho so I'm not sure if this made a difference. I was going to hook the hose back up and retest but I didnt want to mess with the karma at that point.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by b&v View Post
    I wouldn't pull the plugs out of an Al head hot. I have done it not on this engine, but I am older and wiser now. Maybe the threads will come with the plug or maybe they won't, its the risk you take.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information