Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

question about law breaking

I am 15. i Just moved to NC from NV. I would go on a seadoo on lake meade alot with someone else or them behind me. i heard we were moving to a lake. i was excited because the law is u can drive by urself after a boating exam if ur under 116. i am truning 15 in 1 week. but we moved onto a gay priavate lake that makes it to where u have to be 16. now i am a big kid. 6 foot 2 and 210 pounds. if i ride by myself would they pull me over just to see how old i was. and also what would happen if i got caught. thanks

since it is a law on that lake only, the local authorities would have to answer the question. maybe ask a neighbor what the penalty is, and ask your parents if they are willing to pay the fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gkya blazin View Post
    I am 15. i Just moved to NC from NV. I would go on a seadoo on lake meade alot with someone else or them behind me. i heard we were moving to a lake. i was excited because the law is u can drive by urself after a boating exam if ur under 116. i am truning 15 in 1 week. but we moved onto a gay priavate lake that makes it to where u have to be 16. now i am a big kid. 6 foot 2 and 210 pounds. if i ride by myself would they pull me over just to see how old i was. and also what would happen if i got caught. thanks
    I'm 6' 2" at 225, go for it!!

well i was 6'2" wen i was 14 and rode by myself on our lake (lake of the ozarks) just dont stare at them they'll get suspicious, now i hav other things too worry bout like if they can read my reg numbers

The best advice is to talk around and see....

Some lakes have no police patrolling, some do, heavy or light and it depends on the cops themselves. Where I am from, the cops are horrible and pull ski's over all the time, for nothing!!!

Just be careful and find out through talking.....

Banned User
    first of all as long as you arent screwin around when they see you, you could be ten....about 3 years ago when i was 12ish i drive my friends RXP and i didnt have a license and we passsed the police just cruisin and they didnt care....now im 15 soon and got my license so i dont worry bout the po po....where in NC do u live....???? have u heard of Hickory by chance???

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gkya blazin View Post
    I am 15... if i ride by myself would they pull me over... also, what would happen if i got caught. thanks
    gkya blazin... you sound like a nice young man who wants to have fun on a ski, and you seem anxious to prove yourself as a responsible rider. I couldn't agree more with your enthusiasm.

However (and at the risk of sounding old), you must admit that the idea of riding under these circumstances is, at best, a legal risk for yourself and your parents.

Decisions like these are sometimes hard... but they are decisions that, in the long run, build character. Consider the high road... and your integrity will impress EVERYONE

Now... I will get off my soapbox... which I have slipped from more than once...

Jeff

my turn to stand on the soap box,skis are there to have fun but you have to consider what could happen,and i dont think your insurance will cover you if you have an accident theres been an incident near us here in the uk where a farther gave his high powerd ski to his 15 year old for a blast he took out another ski and the guy he hit is now haveing major face reconstruction i ssume the police are looking into this as well. have u checked that u can ride on this lake if you passed the exam/test ? maybe u can if you cant is it really worth the risk! illl step of now

When my son was 15 he wanted to take the ski out. He is a very responsible kid I didn't see problem with it.
    After thinking about it a little more I had changed my mind. If something had happened ultimately the parents are liable.

My recommendations is check to see if and how you can operate it legally.

If you operate the ski illegally, be sure your parents are on board with that decision. They ultimately will be paying the tab.

Some states are considering accessing water bound violations to driving records. Something else to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by alexp073 View Post
    first of all as long as you arent screwin around when they see you, you could be ten....about 3 years ago when i was 12ish i drive my friends RXP and i didnt have a license and we passsed the police just cruisin and they didnt care....now im 15 soon and got my license so i dont worry bout the po po....where in NC do u live....???? have u heard of Hickory by chance???
    yea i have i live about 25 miles from hickory in Shelby.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information