Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: D plate ?

D plate ?

Will adding a D Plate and temp chip to a stock 1300 affect bottom end acceleration ?? These skis already suffer from lack of acceration at bottom but after installing a Dplate in my buddies 1300 it almost seems as if it has no throttle response now. I was riding it yesterday and I also felt it cavitate when i would slam on the throttle from the hole. Any suggestions ? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    Will adding a D Plate and temp chip to a stock 1300 affect bottom end acceleration ?? These skis already suffer from lack of acceration at bottom but after installing a Dplate in my buddies 1300 it almost seems as if it has no throttle response now. I was riding it yesterday and I also felt it cavitate when i would slam on the throttle from the hole. Any suggestions ? TIA
    D-plate should give it more low end and mid rang pull. It will cause the ski to lose some top end though. D-plate either way is a must. It could be cavitating some out of the hole. I would go with a pump plug kit, aftermarket grate, and jetworks mod to get that hole shot to be better.

whats the best grate and ride plate for that ski ?

I would say get a 800r Greenhulk "Jerry" Grate. It is almost out. There is a thread at the top about it.

The plate I would go with Carl - Island Racing, or Jim - Jim 1300. They both have modded plates that increase top end like nothing else.

The 800 grate R&D will cavatate reguardless but what ya need for all around is a riva 1200 grate and I recommend a riva old sckool skeggless from IR that has been milled smooth on all 3 angles.... If your plate is correct ya should have to grind the pump for clearance your speed will come up. I gained almost 4 mph just changing to this plate from stock.this plate for a 1200gpr can be used but alot of grinding will be neccesary just so ya know.

This sounds a bit complicated. i wouldnt know where to start

+1
    TO correct the poor acceleration you should look into the Jetworks kit over @ Island Racing. It simply works.

+1
    These skis are like old big block muscle cars. You need to roll into the throttle off the line. The 1200 grate is better off the line. The 800 grate gives better top speed. I had both and never used the 1200 grates after riding with both so I sold all my 1200 grates. My skis come off the line hard. I just can't pin the throttle.

The holeshot kit is important.

The plate will get you a lot of top speed. Jims or Islands will probably be an instant 3 mph. You need to step your sponsons after you get the plate to keep from porpoising.

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    These skis are like old big block muscle cars. You need to roll into the throttle off the line. The 1200 grate is better off the line. The 800 grate gives better top speed. I had both and never used the 1200 grates after riding with both so I sold all my 1200 grates. My skis come off the line hard. I just can't pin the throttle.

The holeshot kit is important.

The plate will get you a lot of top speed. Jims or Islands will probably be an instant 3 mph. You need to step your sponsons after you get the plate to keep from porpoising.
    what do you mean by step the sponsons, bring them up ?

+1
    Up in the front down in the back slot the middle hole.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information