Boost gage pressure port...?

Hello,

Was wondering if some of you got some boost gage installed, then where exactly did you picked the pressure port to run to the gage...?

I tought about drilling/tapping a small hole at the output of the supercharger housing....or maybe in the throttle body, or finally in the intake manifold....but prior to drill anywhere, i'D like to get the input from you guys...so where exactly did you used/locate the pressure port (PSI) to run to the gage....???

Can somebody take a picture for us and post it here...?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jeepster; 09-24-2007 at 07:35 PM.

boost

most of us have aftermarket i/c's so we use the i/c block off.
    you can use the intake but not sure where.

....Good point, never tought of that....maybe i could just remove the stock intercooler from the intake...that would give me room to put the vaccum cleaner in the intake at this location while i'd be drilling the intake manifold....that way nothing would fall inside the engine (the vacuum cleaner would pick that up as soon as the drill would pass through the mani).

But first i'll try to see other members opinion prior to do anything.
    Thanks in advance for your picture...it makes a lot of sense to pick the pressure from the I/C block off plate...(but i'm still on the stock I/C for now).

Jeepster- an external intercooler would just love your cool Canadian water! Might be the best mod I've done so far, and I'm still pumping tropical 85 degree water through it. How long are you going to be satisfied looking at a boost of only 6ish on the gauge? Green wheel + ext. IC, I see 9lbs at 8100. Something to think about before drilling into the throttle body or something (which could be the source of future boost leaks); how long before you get hooked up with an external IC? Connecting the sensor into the stock IC blockoff is a simple affair.

Honestly...got no idea of when i'm going to put cash again in the boat...i'm sometime tempted to buy a used supercharger wheel when i see one on the classified, but i don'T want to throw to many cash on mods.....on the other end...i've already bought a used Solas 14/19R from somebody here, and i know my next steps will probably be a supercharger wheel, and....maybe...a used external intercooler when i see one laying around for sale....i don't want to spend too much, but on the other end...i'd really like to push the C180 in excess of 52 mph (if possible...!) It's rather in the 46 mph surrounds being stock...so i'll see what it will give with the 14/19R....then i'll move on....slowly but progressively...don't want to destroy anything, or trash cash on improper/non effective modz...so i'll read others experiences first.

I got a deal on that boost gage, so i grabbed it for cheap but i don'T really know if i'm ever going to need it trully...that's why i do not want to drill anything yet....so it is wired+installed, but i'll wait to see good deals in the used parts section....so if anybody wants to upgrade and change their performance parts....now you know who wants them...!!!
    Last edited by Jeepster; 09-25-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Thread Information