2005 Rxp - V.t.s. Dead

Need some advice... I have an '05 Seadoo RXP that I purchased in June and has performed flawlessly since then. Yesterday, I popped the lanyard in, started her up, and noticed the VTS position indicator on the dash had disappeared completely. The trim itself does not go up or down either. I checked both blocks of fuses up front and all look good. Anyone have any insight at all about what could be causing this?? It was not fun riding around with the trim stuck in the down position the whole time. My whole body aches today!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

+1
    It could be that the ecu thinks it's a rxt.....common prob. esp. after dead/weak battery or replacement. Must see dealer to hook up BUDS software and re-flash if this is the problem. Is it also giving u a sensor code?

+1
    9secZO6 is right on the money!

It has to go to the dealer to get hooked up to BUDS

You need to have it turned back on through BUDS at an official dealership...the EXACT same thing happened to my 05. You probably had a low battery or dead one like myself and a few others have had. Your RXP thinks it is a RXT, I bet if you scroll through the 'modes' on the display you will find a blank 'depth gauge' now, which a RXP does not have...but a RXT does. Low voltage somehow resets the ECU to RXT mode...?

Anyways a quick trip to a dealership can easily fix it...10-15 minutes...

Thanks 9secZO6 & Green Hulk for the fast replies. I'll have the dealership check it out while their doing the winterization procedure on it in about a month or so.

9secZ06 - No code showing up at all. Everything else 100% normal just the black indicator bar on the dash suddenly missing and of course the trim itself not going up or down anymore. Very strange as it has worked perfectly all summer.

ARNYGOLLOTT3 - Thanks for your reply. The depth gauge has always read 0ft since I bought it. As for it being totally blank now as you're suggesting, I don't quite recall now that you mention it. It was two days ago this happened down at the beach house and I can't remember if the depth gauge was displaying anything at all. Now I'm curious, I'll go down in a couple days to check on that. What do you think they'll charge at the dealership to reset it?

+1
    Like they all said. My 05 did the same - I put a battery shutoff on it - i think it caused the problem - I have a friend at a dealer - one trip to BUDS fixed it - seems like only the 05's are most suceptable to it. Put a riva ecu on it. Everything works fine. Someone has to be able to hack a reset system like all the ocde 2 stuff in cars.

Happy riding

Tim

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tchies View Post
    Like they all said. My 05 did the same - I put a battery shutoff on it - i think it caused the problem - I have a friend at a dealer - one trip to BUDS fixed it - seems like only the 05's are most suceptable to it. Put a riva ecu on it. Everything works fine. Someone has to be able to hack a reset system like all the ocde 2 stuff in cars.

Happy riding

Tim
    not just 05s......all years and rxt will goof and think it's rxp Some lithium power in the ecu would stop that but that would make too much sense

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    It could be that the ecu thinks it's a rxt.....common prob. esp. after dead/weak battery or replacement. Must see dealer to hook up BUDS software and re-flash if this is the problem. Is it also giving u a sensor code?

Sounds like a S-D sex change From grass to ass

Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    not just 05s......all years and rxt will goof and think it's rxp Some lithium power in the ecu would stop that but that would make too much sense
    Your 100% right on the money '04 too, it keeps on going blank everytime I jump high waves, Tired of it, rig myself a manual up and down toggle switch. The VTS is actually like a 12V car power window motor. Good thing, it works, Bad thing, there's no dial indicator to tell you where you are in respect to your nose pitch...you just gotta have the feel for it.
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 09-26-2007 at 02:39 AM.

Thread Information