Thread: Lake Waco

+1

Lake Waco

I plan on taking my daughter and her friend jet skiing on Saturday. What is the best place to put in on Lake Waco. Any other tips about the lake would be appreciated.

+1
    Be careful on the lakes in central TX. They are WAY up and full of debris. I have never been on Waco before, but I am about 45 mile south of there and our lakes are full of floating logs etc. and some are just under the surface of the water.

Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar
    doesn't waco have a shitton of submerged trees? i remember driving over it and thinking that... or maybe that was granbury i can't remember

+1
    Well actually the last that I heard (which has been about 3-4 weeks ago) was that Waco was still closed. The parts of the lake that I have seen definately had a lot of trees in them. Just be careful and you should be ok.

+1
    The lake was in good shape. The only debris I saw was man made. Plastic bag and bottle. We launched out of Midway Park. The web said that it was closed but they were wrong.

My daughter and her friend are in their early twenties with more courage than sense. (Baylor and Texas State student). They were content to do donuts in the middle of the lake. They weren't too experienced so we stayed away from trying explore the rivers.

The lake was rough and I ride a light zxi 1100. So I took a beating, still a little sore.

Sorry I missed your post,I ride Lake Waco all the time.I live 10 minutes from it so it is the most convenient for me.Let me know next time you head out here and I will show you around if I am off work.You can launch for free at at least two ramps also.The lake is in pretty good shape now,but it was flooded bad most of this season.The large pavillion you saw by the twin bridges had water up to the roof for about 6 weeks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BertInTexas View Post
    Sorry I missed your post,I ride Lake Waco all the time.I live 10 minutes from it so it is the most convenient for me.Let me know next time you head out here and I will show you around if I am off work.You can launch for free at at least two ramps also.The lake is in pretty good shape now,but it was flooded bad most of this season.The large pavillion you saw by the twin bridges had water up to the roof for about 6 weeks.
    Will do. I probably won't be doing it again until next spring with my daughter and her buddies. After hauling three skis from Waxahachie and putting gas in three skis and two trucks it gets kind of expensive for three hours of riding. But it was still fun and any time I get to spend with my daughter is well worth it. She'll graduate next August.

Can you ride very far up the Bosque? I explored a little but had to mainly watch out for the two girls they were newbies on borrowed skis.

There are two places to ride the bosque via the lake,one at west end,other at south.Not sure how far you can go since I havent ridden either the past couple years.You can also put in to the Brazos or Bosque at Cameron Park East or McLennan Community College.You can go quite a ways up the Brazos for sure,(towards lake whitney).Lots of places to ride within an hours drive of Waco.
    Tradinghouse,Waco,Whitney,Belton,Aquilla,Navarro Mills and Stillhouse Hollow Lakes.The Brazos,Bosque and Leon Rivers.Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bugeater View Post
    Will do. I probably won't be doing it again until next spring with my daughter and her buddies. After hauling three skis from Waxahachie and putting gas in three skis and two trucks it gets kind of expensive for three hours of riding. But it was still fun and any time I get to spend with my daughter is well worth it. She'll graduate next August.

Can you ride very far up the Bosque? I explored a little but had to mainly watch out for the two girls they were newbies on borrowed skis.
    Got a pic of the girls? I mean ummm skis.....lol (I'm 23 so I'm not old)

Thread Information