New Ride Plate from R&D

So it seems that Bill Chapin has been grinding away at his plate idea and finally is happy with a result that can be sold.

This new unit is a complete aftermarket casted unit. Not the Offshore one they now offer which is no more then a modified OEM unit.

This new plate is soon to be in production and will be used in the WF boats from Macc Racing. Talking with Lee Manvell and Chriss Mac about the new plate, it would seem to promise better handling then any production plate with simular if not not better speed gains.

Mine will be availible at the WF to take home for some good old Project Testing. SHWIIIING!!!!!!

So for those that have been holding out, congradulations you may be getting the best of both worlds when buying one plate.

+1
    Luckily, I have one more to buy. I can wait on results.

Looking good. Interested to see/hear results for rough water use.

+1
    R&D has always added a lot of hype to the performance gains from most of their products. They often start the BSing many months before the product is available to the public. I'm not saying that this will be true in the case of the new plate, but until it is made available to the public for real world testing, I wouldn't believe everything said. A companies track record has a lot to say about the company.

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    R&D has always added a lot of hype to the performance gains from most of their products. They often start the BSing many months before the product is available to the public. I'm not saying that this will be true in the case of the new plate, but until it is made available to the public for real world testing, I wouldn't believe everything said. A companies track record has a lot to say about the company.

Richard
    +1 here!

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post

Richard
    I thought I remember hearing you say that you were glad you didn't purchase the Ultra 250x

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...936#post400936

So why are you here slamming on performance companies to enhance it?

Free Country, Free Forum and Free Speech even if you find it to sound like fingernails on a chalk board.

Everyone has a right to provide input.
    It saddens me to see the same poster always posting negatively but if you respond to negativity it will only snow ball.

The thing with todays performance companies is the power of the INTERNET. Us normal guys get to test it and share it. With this new found network system we are not going to be seeing too many bum parts.

So as soon as I can get my hands on it Ill fill ya guys in with photos and testing.
    Kinda what I did with the Riva plate. I was honest with everyone about the rough water ride and speed gains. So trust me Ill keep it fair and real. R&D is fully aware of the effect the INTERNET has on sales.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredinohio View Post
    I thought I remember hearing you say that you were glad you didn't purchase the Ultra 250x

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...936#post400936

So why are you here slamming on performance companies to enhance it?

I'm not slamming performance companies. I'm just being realistic. Having been in this field for well over 20 years, I have seen some of the claims made by aftermarket companies and learned not to believe everything written or said. Skip seems to do honest reporting on the accessories he tests. I'd wait for his reports before accepting the hype "often" quoted by the companies concerned.

Richard

slow and steady

Not all companys mass produce a product to market to all who willpay.Some design, test and devolep a product that will improve the handling or performance of you ski.those that wait, watch and do reseach will in the end find what works for ther setup.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTJET View Post
    Not all companys mass produce a product to market to all who willpay.Some design, test and devolep a product that will improve the handling or performance of you ski.those that wait, watch and do reseach will in the end find what works for ther setup.

Ah agreed, This is why I think R&D took so long to develop a new plate style. Bill Chapin held off as long as he could while testing and fine tuning it. Actual production units will not be until the off season. R&D is full throttle prepping the WF boats and taking care of those orders. Not until after Oct will we see R&D back on focus with 250 Toys.

We will see it perform in the WF though and hope to be coming home with a plate for testing. We will see soon enough.

Thread Information