Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

fast ski or sorta fast ski?

hey i saw this on youtube ?

is his ski really that fast or is his GPS messed from doing the turns and causing wrong readings from the G force of cornering?

Quote Originally Posted by levonhelmet View Post
    hey i saw this on youtube ?

is his ski really that fast or is his GPS messed from doing the turns and causing wrong readings from the G force of cornering?
    That's JD1 and it's for real!

wow! so whats the world record holders top speed then, cause 91 is damn fast for a pwc...

+1
    If you say so then I believe it but I saw this too and thought it was a little rich. He covered about the same amount of ground to get to top speed as he did when he casually drove to the point where he turned around to start his approach and the time didn't seem to be a tremendous difference and I would think if he hit 91.9 on that run then there is a lot of room for improvement just based on the water conditions and maybe a little more stretch to squeeze out a few more tenths or so. I'm chalking it up as Urban Legend but if that's the real deal then why are so many on here a few mph behind? I would have expected a 90 mph run to include a helmet or some sort of slick wind resistant suit and stance.

well from my understanding GPS reading measure ground speeds, on water many variables come in to play, but still even if he was going 89 he is way faster then alot of SC'd rxps.....I've heard EMS,cam,headwork,custom intake manifold, nitrous , a few pump mods, and probably a few other one off parts and tricks.......no matter whats under the seat he is flying and now that he has a Turbo ski....He will prolly remain the king on a RXP in the US....I hear that Dans the MAN and I believe it

I was there and it is REAL and at Mudbug he did 94 during the week with Jerry. Here is a few post on his top speeds .... http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16608 http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36248 http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34326

+1
    Wow....looked so effortless and didn't sound like a raped ape. I would think for all those top speed junkies out here that there would be more turbos then rather than rolling the dice with the dreaded bearings in the SC or trying the different wheels, IC, and ECU set ups. It gets really confusing but isn't the turbo pretty much just a tough retrofit but typical in design?

+1
    Holy crap, does JD1 have his own fan club? And did I read that signature right on one of those links that there is actually someone that is treasurer of the JD Fan Club? If he's god then what's the hold up with everyone not getting turbos? And I say this respectfully and not joking, because I'm starting to believe that SC is to turbo like piston is to turbine.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    what's the hold up with everyone not getting turbos?

Lots and lots of $$,$$$.$$.....

I've seen this ski first hand, and its the real deal...Heck, I even got parts on it!

GPS?

Hey guys, I dnt know much about the jet ski side of this post considering im getting my 1st one next week but i use GPS in my line of work. Have not read up on it for a while but i would not think putting it inside the glovebox would give an accurate reading. GPS reading are accurate with respect to speed but they work best out in the open. Thats why if u use one near trees, buildings etc it will not give accurate readings. I just presume being inside a closed compartment and having all other obstacles of the jet ski around it the signal would have bounced around a bit therefore giving a false reading.
    Dont mean to sound like im saying that he is not fast or anyone is lying but GPS needs to be in the right conditions to read accurately.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information