in-line gas filter question

Another Newbie question,

Being in the Caribbean our gas sometimes isn't as clean as in the states it seems. My question is that I'm considering adding an additional in-line gas filter to my 07 SC RXT and RXP. Is there any suggestions or concerns you guys may have to contribute to this small project. All feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Scottyj

+1
    Just make sure the filter is for fuel injected vehicles, I mean it has to with stand 50+ psi.

cbrich,

Thanks for the reply. This is exactly the kind of info that is priceless. I see in this another thread ......Using a high-volume Mercury Quicksilver filtration system. It has a spin-on filter much like an oil filter spins on and is easily mountable. We carry the systems. Should be rarely needed, but it is "bullet proof". High volume, nothing gets past it.
    Is anyone familar with this and is this a proper application for the 07 SC RXT/RXP? If so where can I purchase these, having no luck on my first search attempts.

Many thanks,
    Scotty

+1
    The stock ski already has a fuel filter built into the fuel pump. Installing an inline fuel filter would be useless as the stock filter would clog up first before the inline would catch any debris.

Now, if you are in an area where you tend to get water in your fuel then i can see where a water separator would come in handy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    The stock ski already has a fuel filter built into the fuel pump. Installing an inline fuel filter would be useless as the stock filter would clog up first before the inline would catch any debris.

Kinda sounds like what GM said back in 04, but then again GM went back to put external fuel filter on their trucks and SUVs.

Oh, are the new 07 trucks back to an external filter? Mines an 05 with the BS non-servicable one.

Thread Information