Question first mods for rxp and rxt

me and my dad are looking into buying a seadoo rxt w/37 hrs and a sea doo rxp w/27 hrs. The rxp will be mine and the rxt will be his. I have $850 in my wallet and was wondering what i have to buy for my rxp right from the start. I was thinking an intake grate and a OPAS block off kit. What else should i do with my rxp within my budget, and wat will the results be?

Quote Originally Posted by dbowles22 View Post
    me and my dad are looking into buying a seadoo rxt w/37 hrs and a sea doo rxp w/27 hrs. The rxp will be mine and the rxt will be his. I have $850 in my wallet and was wondering what i have to buy for my rxp right from the start. I was thinking an intake grate and a OPAS block off kit. What else should i do with my rxp within my budget, and wat will the results be?
    Metal washers ASAP!!
    Jerry's Skegs
    Wedge
    Riva power filter or 4" custom intake

Definitely Metal Washers!!!

Check out this link for both skis
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

Check with the seller to see if they have metal or ceramic washers.... if they have no clue what you are talking about then they have ceramics and you need to change them.... If you are buying for a dealer then you and your dad should bargain with them!!! All sellers know that this time of season it is a pain to sell a pwc and will wanna get it out.. cause storage can cost money depending on your climate. Tell them you will take the ski's only if they swap the washers and can put in writing they changed them.....

After that then look at the cheaper portions of the stage 1 like lafjax said... air intake, wedge, impeller, finger throttle, wedge....

Look into freebie mods like filling ride plate and intake grate holes,

cosmetic stuff like a seat cover or hydroturf and work from there....

Early congrats on the ski purchase and stay tuned into this site because it is the best site for ya... hands down, no questions!!!

mr. knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Definitely Metal Washers!!!

Check out this link for both skis
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

Check with the seller to see if they have metal or ceramic washers.... if they have no clue what you are talking about then they have ceramics and you need to change them.... If you are buying for a dealer then you and your dad should bargain with them!!! All sellers know that this time of season it is a pain to sell a pwc and will wanna get it out.. cause storage can cost money depending on your climate. Tell them you will take the ski's only if they swap the washers and can put in writing they changed them.....

After that then look at the cheaper portions of the stage 1 like lafjax said... air intake, wedge, impeller, finger throttle, wedge....

Look into freebie mods like filling ride plate and intake grate holes,

cosmetic stuff like a seat cover or hydroturf and work from there....

Early congrats on the ski purchase and stay tuned into this site because it is the best site for ya... hands down, no questions!!!
    +1 on what jaycee says

mm id be more inclined to go for washers first thing u should always do 14/19 solas or get the stock prop pitched by some one good 4 inch custom air new grate depending on flat or rough water and the free mods ride plate holes ,true the grate u should b around 70 now

+1

In my humble opinion

On the RXt if your pops isn't happy with the ride, I highly recommend the pump wedge or the riva s1 kit (which has the wedge in it). It makes a huge difference in the ride and gives you alittle more top end. that and the riva intake grate make a world of difference.

FYI, Dont be embarrased if your dad whoops you racing in the chop. IT happens.

rxt-x

we've decided to get a 2007 rxp leftover b/c the seasons pretty much over in newyork. Then were waiting till next season to get the rxt-x. I cant wait to see how it preforms against the rxp. It can handle the chop and has about the same speed as the rxp with a cap for 3 riders.

Splash guard

definitely washers! Before anything else!
    Read Jerry's right up about Newbies wanting to mod. Very informative!

Thread Information