Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Code 15?? Please help

OK so my friend has a 2006 GPR and for some reason the cat temp warning and engine temp warning keep flashing. There is NO CAT in his ski and the bypass chip has been in and out...(warning goes off either way) I know code 15 is the Engine temp sensor overheating... The exhaust manifold is cool with the ski running on a hose and the warning light is still flashing. Is the temp sensor on cylinder 1 on a little tab under the exhaust??? Im not positive... The ski seems to be running fine but we dont want to rebuild an engine this winter unless its to build a BB by our choice..not detnation! Does anyone on here use tha Yamaha YDS software?... Is it worth buying?? Help! Im oout of answers!!!

code 15

it ended up being a water in the connector up front where the efi would plug in. Big grey connector. give that a try. this same issue kicked my butt for like a month.

+1
    Tried that... Disconected batt to reset code... We fired it up and it instantly "overheated" with a cold block.... No fun....

+1
    mine would shut off because of this, faulty slant detection switch

+1
    Ok so here goes... Checked the engine temp sensor in water with an ohm meter... Read within spec. Started the ski with it disconected... still over heat warning for the engine and cat sensor. Removed the slant detection switch... Tested it... Took mine out of my ski... Installed in his... Same warnings flash on the guage.. Started it without the slant detection conected... Same warning flashing yet again... Im thinking If we sawzall the botom of the hull and sink it... The warning light, engine light, and cat temp light might stop flashing

+1
    I have seen a few 05-07s set a code immediately and show the cat symbol with a 1k chip installed.

+1
    The cat temp code is not really the thing thats bothering me... We've gotten use to that... Its the fact that its togling back and forth between the cat temp sensor and engine over heat sensor... and the ecm is flashing code 15 wich is overheating... We still havent figured out why?

Just remember weak grounds can wreak havoc also ! Hope you find it soon it sounds frustrating

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    Just remember weak grounds can wreak havoc also ! Hope you find it soon it sounds frustrating

that is true. check battery connections also
    my slant detection switch would not operatre correctly if the craft turned upside down. i watched them at the stealership testing it. they took it off and rotated it back and forth and watched the yds software. i think if memory serves me, that it was still reading ok even when they turned it upside down. but installed on the craft running in the water, it would shut it down every few seconds. just a thought,

your issue is in that big connector. look closey for a pin pushed out, corrosion, I fault the same issue for a month.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information