Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: fuel pump?

fuel pump?

does my 2001 slh have a fuel pump? and if it does where is it?

you have kehin carbs and the fuel pump is built in to the carb! not sure if it's one or all but you can tell by looking see #2

the reason i asked is because my engine acts like it is getting starved. at wot it trys to die, so i thought it must not be getting gas, checked the lines and they are clean, thought i had water in the lines but thats a negative too, the ring in the seperator was barely floating, it runs fine on the land i just dont get it. i havent compression checked it yet im waiting on a tester should have it this weekend. any other suggestions?

+1
    If it's barely floating, it has toooo much water in the fuel system, it should lay at the bottom of the bowl. If it were mine I'd pull the carbs, check filters and clean it all up while there. I'd pull the pumps apart and check for water and of course drain the fuel tank and put in some fresh fuel as well.
    How do the plugs look after a WOT run? Carefull don't burn it down if she's running lean.

i cant get it to wot, it dies.

+1

carb

pres319,the '01 SLH only has 1 carb,so it's even more important to clean the carb as ph2o suggested(also remove water). pay close attention to the screen under the jet block(fuel enters carb through that screen),below the cover on engine side of carb.The fuel pump is mounted to the hull side of carb.4 screws,Pulse hose attaches to it(hose from engine block) Make sure pulse hose is in good shape,not blocked,not collapsed.

+1

carb

pres319, Ths '01 SLH only has 1 carb,so it's even more imortant to clean the carb as ph2o suggested(also remove the water). Pay close attention to the screen,under the jet block(fuel enters carb through this screen)under the cover on engine side of carb. Fuel pump is on hull side of carb,has pulse hose attached to it(hose from engine block) make sure the pulse hose is in good shape,not blocked,not calapsed.

thanks for the replies im gunna compression check tonite and break down the carb. where is a place i can get the gasket that is on the bottum of the carb? and i guess a part number if there is one. can another gasket be substituted for it? as i am having trouble finding one. the one on there is ok but it is kinda rotted.

I guess the pulse hose is the one that squirts gas into carb when you open throttle? if it is that one is good but its just a squirt not a stream is this right?
    Last edited by pres319; 09-28-2007 at 03:38 PM.

+1
    The pulse hose runs from carb to engine block.Gives the fuel pump light pressure/signal. Without it ,fuel pump will not work.

At top of carb is the accelerator pump nozzle/squirter. Will only squirt when throttle is moved. Steady throttle no squirt.

thanks casey for your help I'll let you know what happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information