Water Injection...

After readu a bunch on intercoolers and stuff...

Why hasnt anyone come out with a water injection system for our skiis or any ski for that matter? You could run it continuously, (not like nitrous were you could only run it at certain times...)

Just hook it up to your pump somehow? put a strainer inline, and maybe like a water filter inline also...and have a super fine nozzle inject super super fine water particles into you induction tract after the supercahrger...It would work the same way as an intercooler, except better! Keep your engine cool, take up less space, MORE POWER!

*or maybe before?? that way the S/C would get the water thuroghly mixed in with the air?

I relize that salt water skiiers couldnt benifit from this but us lake riders in fresh water sure could!

Question: on the exhaust water cooled system...As your rpms get faster and faster does the water lines going to you exahust or IC pump more and more water, or is it always the same amount??

Just a thought!

AJ, here man take 2 of these little pink pills and you`ll be fine!

I believe someone here has conducted a water pressure test on the output from the pump to IC/exhaust manifold. I think it was around 35 psi, but can`t remeber at what rpm...Maybe someone here can direct you to where that thread is...PR...

haha...thanks Andy

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    35psi at WOT. Yes the amount of water being pushed in increases in a linear fashin as your rpms/speeds go up until it reaches the max amount the system can flow out or take in...

That's always one thing that needs to be thought about when talking about getting more water flow to the intercoolers...unless you restrict the other side of the "T" you're also forcing more water into the exhaust side of things which won't really be beneficial and might serve to counter the gains made through the increased water to the IC...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc7897
    35psi at WOT. Yes the amount of water being pushed in increases in a linear fashin as your rpms/speeds go up until it reaches the max amount the system can flow out or take in...

That's always one thing that needs to be thought about when talking about getting more water flow to the intercoolers...unless you restrict the other side of the "T" you're also forcing more water into the exhaust side of things which won't really be beneficial and might serve to counter the gains made through the increased water to the IC...
    Yeah, you def don`t want to overfill the waterbox, especially at idle you would feel a stumble as the exhaust pressure builds up to blow out water...PR...

Thread Information