Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Rxp fresh air intake pics

Here are pics of my fresh air intake. I used a K&N filter that is roughly 6" diameter by 9" long along with a drycharger to protect from water intrusion. The 4" tubing is for the vaccum system for sawdust collection and is actually fairly smooth inside. Have to give full credit to the mechanic at the Sea Doo dealership who installed my stage 3 kit for coming up with this set up. That is going way beyond what I expected or initially told him to do. After pulling the round top off the air box the 4" hose connects directly up to the box. Note the voltage regulator still has airflow across it. Hope the extra heat coming off the regulator that is introduced into the air stream isn't costing me horsepower! On the outlet of the air box assy. the baffles inside were cut out. A heat gun was used to round the edges of the square outlet and the 4" hose snapped over some existing tabs on the outlet. Silicone was used for a tight seal after that. Hose goes back to the existing 2 1/2" flexible rubber pipe feeding the supercharger intake with a 4" x 2 1/2" reducer, again, for sawdust collection. When I get the Riva high flow hood I'll cut holes in the top of the storage bucket on the left side so air can go directly into the filter and will still be able to retain the storage bucket. I bet if I filled the storage bucket with ice I could pic up another few horsepower! Entire set up turned out sweet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dcp_0207_127.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dcp_0206_119.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	809.0 KB 
ID:	145   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dcp_0205_183.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	787.0 KB 
ID:	146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dcp_0204_154.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	808.2 KB 
ID:	147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dcp_0203_148.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	950.8 KB 
ID:	148  

+1
    WOW! that looks sweet.

Yea, and it wasn't even the mechanics own boat. Odd these days to run across someone who would actually put some thought into their work. He was concerned with not having airflow across the voltage regulator so did this with the materials I had given him. Yes I was impressed. Green Hulk, off topic, what impeller are you running currently and at what rpm on top? Further off topic, I tried to advance my cam timing tonite but was unable to do so because I could not get the cap screws out of the cam sprocket. Guess the mechanic did'nt want them to ever come loose and put some major locktite on them.

+1
    Im running a PPG repitched Solas. I was banging the rev limiter yesterday, but then i put my reduction nozzle on and it dropped my RPM's to about 8350.

You probably don't want to mess with your cam timing. I adjusted mine because it was out of whack from when i put my head back on.

Green Hulk, I just had the stage 3 rotax kit installed and was going to experiment a little with cam tiiming. What top end speeds are you getting in 85 degree weather?

Nice work mark!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark S
    Green Hulk, I just had the stage 3 rotax kit installed and was going to experiment a little with cam tiiming. What top end speeds are you getting in 85 degree weather?
    I'll let you know after the weekend. I still have alot of dialing in to do.

+1
    Mark S, so you used the stock air intake box? Why didn't you just take that out and run the 4" hose from the SC to the front of the boat? Is there a benefit to using the air intake box? You had to use a 9" K&N? Does it have to be that big? I'm getting ready to do the same thing, but my air intake box is gone.

Franko:
    Retained the stock air intake box because the voltage regulator heat sink sets into the intake box so air can flow across the heat sink. Didn't want to run into reliability problems with the voltage regulator.

+1
    Mark, when I installed the Riva air intake, I relocated the regulator to the battery side of the front compartment. Do you think this is sufficient?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information