Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Optional Groco Mounting Spot>>>>

heres an optional mounting spot we used on BOB1988's 2007 RXP! there was NOT enough room to fit it ANYWHERE in the back when we installed the Rotax Racing Inter Cooler so this is what we did! i personally like it and may relocate mine as it can be SEEN and CLEANED so easily its GRAVY TRAIN and can be TENDED to while riding IF NECESSARY WITHOUT REMOVING ANYTHING other than the seat! he counter sunk the screws like i did mine as well! came out GREAT! RIGHT ON TRUCKER TRUCKER!!!!!!!!!

p.s. the ONLY NEGATIVE aspect i can find or even contemplate is the increase in temperature the water MAY get from the length at which it travels BEFORE ENTERING the Inter Cooler but u CANT have EVERYTHING now can U! as i think it will be minimal the location and maintenance factors FAR out weigh what little temp change may occur!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2177.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	40041   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2181.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	40042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1985.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	40043  

Tight, clean, and efficient!

+1
    Muddy my man its SOOOOOOOO EASY to clean its unreal!

Banned User
    +1
    I mounted mine like you did in the last pic, in the rear...I just turned it straight out at 90 degrees...

but up front is good...

+1
    Danny i put mine there yes because i HAd room with my PIrahna cooler and DIDNT REALIZE how GREAT it would be where i suggested BOB put his but with the ROTAX and the way it mounts there ISNT room so thats what we did! i wish i would have put mine up front for cleaning purposes myself! im happy with it where it is as it CAN be seen but NOT gotten to as easily without taking the cowling off!

the ONLY NEGATIVE aspect i can find or even contemplate is the increase in temperature the water MAY get from the length at which it travels BEFORE ENTERING the Inter Cooler
    Mine's way up front before it enters the XS IC... does anyone think it will save even a degree to wrap the hoses??? (or does the water move too fast), and if so, what's the insulation of choice?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XS IC 1.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	464.9 KB 
ID:	40058  

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    Mine's way up front before it enters the XS IC... does anyone think it will save even a degree to wrap the hoses??? (or does the water move too fast), and if so, what's the insulation of choice?

nah, the water passes through there fast enough that i ain't gonna heat up....easiest way to tell is after a run and the compartment is hot, open it up and feel the hoses...

Yea, the rotax setup would inhibit the mounting locations.....I changed mine up because in this case form followed function, and it is easier to clean when a storm is approaching and you need to get the covers on the ski....Plu smy 4" intake is in the way if I went up front...

+1
    i DIDNT FIGURE IT WOULD HURT A THING but u know how it goes! the minute I SAY HOW GREAT IT IS and start slapping myself on the back then somebody posts up tells me how it WONT WORK and that im an IDIOT! so go figure! hahahahaha! thanks fellas!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    i DIDNT FIGURE IT WOULD HURT A THING but u know how it goes! the minute I SAY HOW GREAT IT IS and start slapping myself on the back then somebody posts up tells me how it WONT WORK and that im an IDIOT! so go figure! hahahahaha! thanks fellas!

Who said that? You took the initiative and mounted it in a location that suits your needs...It will work, just make sure the line is proper size and there are no sharp bends.....good job either way!

+1
    i was cking the VX1 photos and i was like WTF how does he have that MUCH ROOM then i unlodged me head from my ass! nice job and boat Bro!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information