Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lots of $ into mods and only 67.3mph what could be wrong ?

Ok I think my Ultra 250X is Running a lil slow after what I have done to it what could be wrong ?

I am only get 67.3mph at 7700-7760rpm's while hooked up
    It may spike 7900ish if it were to come unhooked while jumping boat wakes/waves if I stayed WOT while airborne

Last test was 80 air temp 82 water temp flat very calm water 1 rider @ 150lbs.....I rode a full tank all the way to the low fuel beeper

Installed are:

Riva: free flow exhaust, ride plate, sponsons, Valve blockoffs, Pro air intake
    (sponsons are set with the least influance as can bee)

R&D: Powershot Fuel programer
    (programger is set [email protected] [email protected] and [email protected])

R-Rated: BOV block off
    (but I am only getting 10psi boost)

I also have a 2* wedge on there too

How hot should the supercharger be after a long hard ride ? cuz mine was very hot ....nearly untouchable and the IC was pretty hot too

i see alot of thse guys saying how more fresh air is better for the ski 2 run better on top end.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250xryder View Post
    Ok I think my Ultra 250X is Running a lil slow after what I have done to it what could be wrong ?

It may spike 7900ish if it were to come unhooked while jumping boat wakes/waves if I stayed WOT while airborne

Last test was 80 air temp 82 water temp flat very calm water 1 rider @ 150lbs.....I rode a full tank all the way to the low fuel beeper

Installed are:

How hot should the supercharger be after a long hard ride ? cuz mine was very hot ....nearly untouchable and the IC was pretty hot too
    Put the ride plate on and see it come alive!

My bad,I see you have a ride plate.

The first thing I would check is why are you only getting 10lbs of boost. That would be the first thing to check. With the bov blocked off and the mods you have you shuld be seeing 7850 plus rpm and speeds of 68.5 to 70.5 plus 11 to 12 lbs boost maybe the belt is slipping or you have a leak in your intercooler. Maybe one of the hose clamps came loose between the supercharger and the IC or IC to throutle body. I guess you could check for an leak by running the boat with a water hose hooked to it and put soapy water on the intercooler and see if it bubbles you know like testing for a leak in a nateral gas line. I would check my manual to see how long it is safe to run it on a water hose. Also check for oil or water in the intercooler. Hey its a couple of ideas hope it helps. Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250xryder View Post

Installed are:

Remove the Powershot. Use that puppy when you put on the Pulley Kit.
    Also check pump clearance from ring to prop blade.

SC gets real hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Remove the Powershot. Use that puppy when you put on the Pulley Kit.
    Also check pump clearance from ring to prop blade.

SC gets real hot!

Thanks Skip !....Ill yank that programer and see what thatll do since Ive been using that it really has been sucking the fuel and I didnt notice much if any power ++

Quote Originally Posted by TOQUICK250X View Post
    The first thing I would check is why are you only getting 10lbs of boost. That would be the first thing to check. With the bov blocked off and the mods you have you shuld be seeing 7850 plus rpm and speeds of 68.5 to 70.5 plus 11 to 12 lbs boost maybe the belt is slipping or you have a leak in your intercooler. Maybe one of the hose clamps came loose between the supercharger and the IC or IC to throutle body. I guess you could check for an leak by running the boat with a water hose hooked to it and put soapy water on the intercooler and see if it bubbles you know like testing for a leak in a nateral gas line. I would check my manual to see how long it is safe to run it on a water hose. Also check for oil or water in the intercooler. Hey its a couple of ideas hope it helps. Shawn
    Thanks....Give the IC a once over

Quote Originally Posted by BERMY_BOY View Post
    i see alot of thse guys saying how more fresh air is better for the ski 2 run better on top end.....

I am getting as much fresh air as poss....the Riva Pro air intake is on the outside of the hull

You will be happy with the stock fuel mapping with your mods. Do be extremely carefull with the your air intake. aka "WetVac"

I found speed loss due to rich top end when running the Power Shot without the pulley.

Good new is that now your Pulley kit just dropped in price by $450 because you dont need another PowerShot. So with the GH discount your down to about a grand. Let the family know you want R&D parts in your stocking.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information