Help, having problems with my 2005 RXT, low hours

Hi all,

I'm really hoping you guys can help me out here... After putting my ski away for about 4 months in my garage, I decided to take it out yesterday. Ski has very low hours on it also.

Besides the battery being drained and charging it back up the night before, all worked fine prior to leaving for the dock.. Filled it up with gas (was totally empty)

SYMPTOMS:

Feels like a very obvious miss. Like it's not hitting on all cylinders. Then **BAM**, feels like that other cylinder or sparkplug kicks in or something like that. Prior to taking it out, I couldn't notice it with it just idling in the driverway with a hose on it. It will do it at idle and with a load on the motor. Just has no power......missing, then , again, has the power for a few seconds, then misses and looses it again at idling down the river and in the Gulf under load.

Again, I was thinking spark plugs. I cleaned the motor and washed it down wth a brush. I've checked perhaps if I knocked something loose. I can't find any kind of wire off, broken, etc...

Any ideas on how I can diagnose this or an idea of what it is ?
    If I'm not being clear enough, let me knw and i'll try and explain in better....

Thanks in advance,

Gerald

p.s.
    No major mods, just filter and filter hose, intake grate, wedge, basically stage 1 without the prop.

Gerald, this same thing happened to my stage II RXT a couple weeks back, my ski was in my garage for the past 6 months with only (26 hours of use) i went to the water and the ski refused to run, there was no error codes every thing look perfect , i called my local tech from the water and explained to him what was happening to the ski and he told me to bring it to his shop asap to put the buds system to see what was going on, at the end it was a easy fix, we put new spark plugs and VIOLA!!!! he said that for a unknown reason most of this 05' RXT'S are prone to foul the spark plugs with very low hours of use, he sujested to put the Denso irridium spark plugs and ditch the oem's NGK to avoid this issue in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GPR/STX-15F/RXT
    Gerald, this same thing happened to my stage II RXT a couple weeks back, my ski was in my garage for the past 6 months with only (26 hours of use) i went to the water and the ski refused to run, there was no error codes every thing look perfect , i called my local tech from the water and explained to him what was happening to the ski and he told me to bring it to his shop asap to put the buds system to see what was going on, at the end it was a easy fix, we put new spark plugs and VIOLA!!!! he said that for a unknown reason most of this 05' RXT'S are prone to foul the spark plugs with very low hours of use, he sujested to put the Denso irridium spark plugs and ditch the oem's NGK to avoid this issue in the future.
    Interesting, I'llgive them a try. Thanks.> I can't think of anythin else it could be. Perhaps it sitting for months on end did something to the integrity of the plugs, etc....

Anyone else ?

Gerald

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    my money is definitely on the spark plugs for sure...

Went and got 3 new plugs. Started up and idled EXCELLENT in the driveway, no miss, studdering, sluggish, etc. Thanks for everyones help, much appreciated. I think it took me no more 10 mins to replace all the plugs.

Gerald

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    glad to hear it was an easy quick fix Gerald!

Quote Originally Posted by 05rxt
    Went and got 3 new plugs. Started up and idled EXCELLENT in the driveway, no miss, studdering, sluggish, etc. Thanks for everyones help, much appreciated. I think it took me no more 10 mins to replace all the plugs.

Gerald

Thread Information