Check This Stuff Out It May Help Our Oil Blow By Prob Let Me Know What Ya All Think

http://www.restoreusa.com/

http://www.atvconnection.com/Feature...e-Restorer.cfm

Check these 2 links out (above) and see if you guys think this may help our oil blow-by prob's with our Ultra's

I spoke with a guy at a local auto parts store and told him about the oil prob on this jet ski and he said this should help.....he said it may not help but it couldnt hurt....Ive added it on my last oil change and put about 6hrs on my ski since adding it and Ive noticed ZERO oil blow by

I put one of those little filters on top of my oil catch can and before I added this engine restore stuff it would spray oil all over the inside the hull and I kinda knew it would but I would rather that happen then have the fins inside my IC all gunked up again !.....But since Ive added this on my last oil change I have had ZERO oil spray inside my hull and Ive been keeping a very very close eye on my engine oil lvl ....Ive picked up a new dip stick and modded it just like the one Skip did on his team moto page....So I am keeping a stedy oil lvl and have had NO oil blow by

Maybe due to the oil additive or maybe Ive finaly got enough Hrs on my ski that the piston rings have finaly sealed.....either way I think I will add this on every one of my future oil changes

Thanks Guys

+1
    Guys, please do not add any oil additives to your ski. All the major manufactures recommend against it. Just run the oil that meets or exceeds the specs that is called for.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Guys, please do not add any oil additives to your ski. All the major manufactures recommend against it. Just run the oil that meets or exceeds the specs that is called for.
    i second that....... amsoil, royal purple, mobile 1 all make oils that are sufficient enough to lubricate the motor

restore is more for older engines that are worn.

secondly you got this info from a guy at an auto parts store.. take it as you may but i doubt he is the foremost expert on 4 cylinder forced induction watercraft engines. also it may or may not help but won't hurt line is crap.... unless it is proven to not cause any adverse effects on the motor... don't run it....

and the filter on top of your catch can is called a breather.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250xryder View Post
    http://www.restoreusa.com/

http://www.atvconnection.com/Feature...e-Restorer.cfm

Check these 2 links out (above) and see if you guys think this may help our oil blow-by prob's with our Ultra's

I spoke with a guy at a local auto parts store and told him about the oil prob on this jet ski and he said this should help.....he said it may not help but it couldnt hurt....Ive added it on my last oil change and put about 6hrs on my ski since adding it and Ive noticed ZERO oil blow by

I put one of those little filters on top of my oil catch can and before I added this engine restore stuff it would spray oil all over the inside the hull and I kinda knew it would but I would rather that happen then have the fins inside my IC all gunked up again !.....But since Ive added this on my last oil change I have had ZERO oil spray inside my hull and Ive been keeping a very very close eye on my engine oil lvl ....Ive picked up a new dip stick and modded it just like the one Skip did on his team moto page....So I am keeping a stedy oil lvl and have had NO oil blow by

Maybe due to the oil additive or maybe Ive finaly got enough Hrs on my ski that the piston rings have finaly sealed.....either way I think I will add this on every one of my future oil changes

Thanks Guys
    How many hours have you done since you put the restore in?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    How many hours have you done since you put the restore in?
    6 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    i second that....... amsoil, royal purple, mobile 1 all make oils that are sufficient enough to lubricate the motor

restore is more for older engines that are worn.

secondly you got this info from a guy at an auto parts store.. take it as you may but i doubt he is the foremost expert on 4 cylinder forced induction watercraft engines. also it may or may not help but won't hurt line is crap.... unless it is proven to not cause any adverse effects on the motor... don't run it....

and the filter on top of your catch can is called a breather.

I know the restore stuff is mainly used for older engines but....As I read the side of the can I seen it said it will help piston rings seal and that seems to be the prob that is allowing the oil blow by....Well all of you seem to be shooting it down all I am saying is it seemed to work well for me

I think I will skip using it on my next oil change and see if it makes any diffrence

Thanks for your guys input

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250xryder View Post
    I know the restore stuff is mainly used for older engines but....As I read the side of the can I seen it said it will help piston rings seal and that seems to be the prob that is allowing the oil blow by....Well all of you seem to be shooting it down all I am saying is it seemed to work well for me

I think I will skip using it on my next oil change and see if it makes any diffrence

Thanks for your guys input
    Hey mate I'm sure not shooting you down, I have played with 4 strokes for years and have seen some results with additives that surprised me. If its working for you then thats great. I'm going to study the web site.

Thread Information