Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: winterizing

winterizing

alright its that time of year, so how do i winterize my
    rxp and friends rxt? wha i need besides stablizer, i used to do yamaha's, so dunno bout the 4tec.

Maybe someone can post up the pdf from the sea doo Manual for winterizing..........

i have the manual that came with the craft but their very brief like everything else. i was hoping someone could give some good detail...

Winterizing

Ready. Add 10 ounces stabil. Fill the gas tank.Change oil and filter. Flush the exhaust cooling system. After flushing the exhaust cooling system with water disconnected give it one burst of throttle to get most water out of the exhaust cooling system. Remove spark plugs, spray Bombardier storage oil into each cylinder for about 10 seconds replace plugs. With throttle held wide open crank engine for about 5 seconds. Remove top and bottom hose to intercooler let it drain. replace bottom hose add 7 ounces of anti-freeze to top fitting on intercooler and connnect top hose. Disconnect the exhaust manifold hose add 10 ounces of anti-freeze reconnect. Disconnect battery,store in warm place. Cost approx. $40.00. Time approx 2hr. Peace of mind Priceless.

1.) Change oil and oil filter.
    2.) Add full stabilizer, then start the ski for a sec to get it through the lines a little bit.
    3.) Drain the IC and exhaust of water.
    4.) Pour some non-corrosive antifreeze into the water box through the J-pipe and into the IC.
    5.) Pull the fuel injectors and spray some fogging oil in the cylinders. Then reinstall and crank the engine for a second.
    6.) Remove the battery and put it on the charger.
    7.) Spray down the engine compartment with some silicone spray for a little added protection.

Took me less than a half hour.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 09-28-2007 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    Maybe someone can post up the pdf from the sea doo Manual for winterizing..........
    Here ya go.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 03-26-2010 at 11:33 AM.

GTI

Ok what about a 2007 GTI everthing the same but no intercooler so no anti freeze.?? sorry if I sound dumb no supercharger so no intercooler I assume

Quote Originally Posted by dieselman View Post
    Ok what about a 2007 GTI everthing the same but no intercooler so no anti freeze.?? sorry if I sound dumb no supercharger so no intercooler I assume
    You still have a waterbox and exhaust system. Turn the ski on while out of the water and give the throttle some short bursts to blow out some of the water. Then you should still have a J-pipe from the exhaust manifold to the waterbox. There should be a little hose that connects to a nipple at the top of it. Remove it and pour some antifreeze in there. It should find it's way into the waterbox for added protection against water left in there freezing and cracking the box.

thanks kat... damn rxpkid hoooked it up, i appreciate, just im not sure where the IC is located on the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Thread View Post
    im not sure where the IC is located on the motor.
    Bow side of the intake manifold.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information