Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lower canadian prices coming?

BRP is finally starting to listen to their canadian dealers. They will be offering rebates for new current and non current ski doos and atv of up to $2000 soon and will evaluate the market on a short term basis to see what they need to do with sea doo prices. Also U.S. dealers will face severe penalties for selling to canadians. 1st offence $10000 fine! Hopefully the sea doo prices will come down on par with u.s prices soon.

+1
    Something better happen soon:

2008 Seadoo GTI Canada MRSP - $10,399

2008 Kawasaki STX-15F USA MRSP - $8,099
    2008 Seadoo GTI USA MRSP - $7,799

It won't take you long to figure out which ski I would be purchasing.

Will this apply to "demo" skis? Can't the US Dealer just give me the ski for the weekend to demo and then let me buy it as used at full MRSP?

PS, do you have a 951 engine ready to drop in a ski by chance? I am looking for one, but not putting that much effort into it.

can't help with the 951. as for demo sea doos all demos have to be registered as such so brp would see through that right away. I'm sure someone will find a loophole but you will still lose your warranty. Hopefully the prices will come in line and it won't be necessary to buy in the u.s.

now that our dollar is equal to or actually a little more then the U.S dollar.i think Canadians will head over the border and buy a used ski (like a 2007 model) from who ever for much less then we would otherwise get the ski for here.thats what my brother is doing right now.he's lookin at a 2007 RXP with only 17 hours on it.

+1
    I am hearing that there will be a rebate soon as well.
    The US dealer fines mean nothing. All that people are doing is getting a US friend to buy it and then purchasing from them. BRP is blowing smoke on that front.
    It better be more than 2k because the difference on a GTX Limited is 4.4k.

Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    I am hearing that there will be a rebate soon as well.
    The US dealer fines mean nothing. All that people are doing is getting a US friend to buy it and then purchasing from them. BRP is blowing smoke on that front.
    It better be more than 2k because the difference on a GTX Limited is 4.4k.
    had a friend do the same. Picked up a RXP-x in the US for 11,900, and does not care that he will not have warranty when he brings it over the border. His brother "bought it" and sold it to him. wink wink. Obvisously, will not have the machine until spring but his deposit is made and he has the $$$ set aside taking advantage of the $$

Do you mean the 2007 GTI I bought 2 weeks ago is now worth $2000 less or is BRP going to give me $2000 to cover this. That would be nice.

if and when the rebates kick in you should be able to get it. alot of our customers buy new skidoos through the spring break program [ they bought them in the spring of this year] and they will be receiving the rebates as well so I can't see a problem with your purchase.

Not giving a warranty on same products bought in another country is an unethical business practice, you here me Frenchie!!!

+1
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/subscriber/local/story/4057908p-4662390c.html

There was also a conference call last week and BRP is not moving on price. They say that they are "monitoring the situation" .

They obviously don't care about their customers and the dealers that have supported them for years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information