Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

build up turbo vs. supercharger ?

i build race cars for a living and make turbo manifolds and intercooler piping all the time... i currently have an 07 rxp about a riva stage 2.. ...i have the riva valve train ..a rotax racing ecu...bigger intercooler ..bov....strainer... intake .. vortec supercharger impellar (what a waist to time and $$ only 1 lb more boost) metal clutch washers...and through hull exhaust 15 20 prop.... pump wedge.... intake grate..and all the freebe mods i know about...i am looking to go a little nuts i love the fact that i can go as fast as i want to on the water unlike when i ride my yamaha r1 I am allways looking over my shoulder for the disco lights to appear behind me i want to go to at least a b kit or a rude charger or possibly make a turbo set up .. the question is... at what point (how much boost) do i need to go interal on the engine, and what needs to be done...and what are the pros and cons of turbo vs supercharger on the water...most of the real fast skis are turbo.... i dont understand why no one makes different gears for existing charger to spin them faster as they do on the cars with pullys after that how much in US dollars is the zapata hull and will it hold up to wave jumping ect. THE NEW SKIS ARE HEAVUY PIGS IT IS ALL ABOUT POWER TO WEIGHT ... THE STUPID SEAT MUST WEIGH IN AT 35 LBS BEFOR IT SOAKS UP A BUNCH OF WATER

+1
    The Zapata hull is probaby going to be about $13,000. I also know Zapata had an Offshore hull made up too and I think the only difference between his GP Class hull and that is the Offshore one is a little bit heavier.

http://www.re-performanceparts.com/

That Is Alota Cheese ...i May Have To Use My Resorces I Know A Few Composit Guys +sorry The Top Of The Rxp Looks Loke A 70s Yacht Opportunity To Make It Sexy

+1
    Yeah, but for racing in Open or the GP class that hull is just so badass. Modified bottom deck and from what I've seen in the videos of Zapata racing it, it is just insane how fast it is and how it turns. I heard it's like a 5mph gain over a stock rxp hull.

Ok So Ill Have To Check It Out Closely ..you Live In West Palm??? I Am Up In Stuart

ok ...i am new to this forum it moves alot faster than the 4 tech one.... anyone know of a us distributer for the b kit charger with the orange wheel... upon reading until my eyes were blurrey last night ...i think that the b kit charger will be fast enough without lag as seen in the us performance vid i think it will b fast enough to scare me a bit on anythig but glass...

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    I think u can only get it from australia....have u read any info on the rude charger...?

as i know it the rude is 13 and the b is 14.5 rather not leave thing on the table

+1
    Breon,

I am running us performance products / piranha parts stage 2 kit in my 07RXT, i wanted more mid range punch and torque... i got it all right.. still the stock ECU. I am not after top end speed and pretty happy with it... if you are going the way of a turbo like i eventually will... try this kit first as you are not spending big $$$$ on a bit kit supercharger... You could get the turbo for the price but you will have to change ecu and injectors if u go the turbo..but keep the rpms low with the stock engine of course!!!

Jase helped me out big time with my ski and was so thorough with it, i am impressed.. and for what i got in terms of the $$$ spent, its the best bang for buck in terms of bolt on things for the ski. It is also a great base for the prep for the turbo kit as well.

ciao
    retro

Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    as i know it the rude is 13 and the b is 14.5 rather not leave thing on the table
    The B kit and Rude SC make the same boost.The 14.5 lbs claimed at SC discharge for the B kit=13lbs measured in the intake manifold and the Rude is more durable B kits are notorius for Sc impeller rubbing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information