Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pro CDi conversion update ZMANN

Well I give up! this has been a pile of coin and time gone wrong I tried the new VR that Matt man sent ( set up the electrical box just like a newer fuji) and checked all the stator and coil specs again but this pig won't fire? Xlint suggested flywheels but unless someone can post some pictures so I can see the differences I don't think I'm going to pull the engine to try it! thanks for all the help anyway! Matt man I'll ship the LR23 back thanks Z

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Z, I see the 92 diagram only has 1 ground. The PRO should have 2. 1 goes to the coil retaining bracket and 1 goes to the ground block. What stator are you using, and what year CDI?

I doubled up on grounding just to be safe and wired everything like the list that pho posted the only other variables were the orange /yellow and rd purp from the regulator but those are no brainers I would take a pic but it looks like spaghetti since it was just a test the only thing I can think of is the CDI's themselves? and the only wire color that wasn't the same was the cdi didn't have a tan but it had a grey and that doesn't get hooked up because it's for the temp sender ?? I'm bummed this has been the worst mod yet ( and most costly) I also found good pics of the flywheels and there just cant be an issue it's only six magnets

+1
    The CDI has 2 red/w wires, 1 is for the exhaust valves and 1 is for the stator. Do you have them mixed up? Please post a pic, maybe someone will see something you're not. You're right, the flywheel won't make it not work, but will affect timing when you get it to.

+1
    z, did you verify you're getting a proper signal from the stator to the CDI? I know you can fire the other CDI but is your stator putting out the correct signal/measurement for the PRO?
    My buddy's friend is bringing his 650 over after Havasu and he's going to leave it with me for a week. I have a PRO785 stator, new board, CDI and 785 coils. I can't see how it wouldn't work but I haven't tested an actual 02.

The red white wires are pretty straight forward as the bundle for the valves is shorter but I'll triple try it! Pho I checked values is there a way to check signal pulses?? thanks guys! Z

+1
    Pic please Z. Just guessing without it.

pic won't be worth it! I have crap everywere you wouldn't see through the layers but lets just say every wire is like pho's post I just retried the red w but nada Everything has voltage were it should and no grounds(kill switch) where it shouldn't I also tried newer coils My only guess is some bad cdi's?

+1
    I know the answer, but I have to ask... Is the tether attached? And you have 1 ground to the coil retainer? With the other to the ground block?

teather is a roger and it passes the ohm test also! the grounds are all secured and an extra ground was run to the block for testing also

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information