+1

What should I do?

My ski is finally going good, but I still have that leak. It doesn't leak when it sits in the test tank or when they run it in the test tank, which they say is around 6500 rpm. From what people on here tell me and what my dealer told me, it seems to be the seal for the drive shaft. Here is my problem. My dealer said that kawasaki said they would cover it, but if they pull the engine and there is nothing wrong with the seal, then I have to pay for the labor, which they said would be around 8 hours @$75 an hour. Thats a lot of money, especially since I have already shelled out soooo much money on this ski. Is there any other things that I should check? What sucks is that my dealer doesn't take skis out for test rides after they fix something, which I think is ridiculous. I talked the one mechanic into coming to the river after work to see how it leaks. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I just want to have everything fixed before I put it away for the year.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    It should be Kawasaki's responsibility to figure out why and where it is leaking from! I would just press your dealer and Kawaski to find the problem on their dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    It should be Kawasaki's responsibility to figure out why and where it is leaking from! I would just press your dealer and Kawaski to find the problem on their dime.
    Exactly!

It's up to your dealer to find the leak, regardless the means they need to take.

Tell them to lake test it not tank test it. Turning and maneuvering puts different loads on the pump causing through hull shaft to move if seal and bearings are bad. Something that the tank cant test for.

+1
    Ski still at dealer with no resolution in sight. They said they were going to talk to kawi today and see what they will do. I told them it should be covered regardless of what the problem is cause the ski is under warranty. We shall see if they call back.

Thread Information