Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OMG 30 hrs and now have cracks

i have a little over 30 hrs and was washing down my ski today and saw this

now i dont abuse my ski but i also dont ride on smooth water so most of my riding is in the chop, those cracks are not in the surface they are completley through, the big one under the seat goes down towards the footwell for about 3 inches its kind of hard to see in the pics, also i havent had any other riders with me and i only weigh 130 lbs so

can this be fixed im extreamley worried about it getting worse, should it be covered under warrenty

Sure is or should be.

No evendance of a crash would clasify this as a stress crack. Clean your boat spotless and take it in. This can be fixed and should be done so by Kawi.

how in the hell would they fix something like that? reinforce it somehow? i checked out the wole ski and seems they are the only cracks i dont even have spiderwebbing on the gel coat on the bottom, just a few scratches from going to the beach , it would be nice if they said that its unsafe and they gave me a new ski but i dont think kawi is that nice

Look you came here asking advice. I gave you that.

I'm not the guy that fixes it for you so I don't know how they fix it.

Do yourself a favor and take it in to your dealer. No one here can do anything for you. Just advice and from what Ive seen, your not taking well.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    where'd u buy it crazy freddy's?

im not giving attitude, maybe you just interpreted it that way thats all, from what i read on here you seem to have alot of experience with jet skis as i dont, I just dont want to get screwed by the dealer, honestly im not trying to come off like an asshole and if anyone thinks i am then i am sorry. btw i am taking your advice, just asking how they would fix a crack like that out to anyone out ther with fiberglass repair or reinforcing experience just so i know for my own knowledge. i am sorry again

yes

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    no powersports dealer on LI is going to do their own in-house fiberglass work and finishing paint work...

IF kawasaki is going to warranty this, chances are the dealer will have a local hull repair shop do the work and they'll submit the bill to kawasaki for the warranty... that's your best case scenario is having the work subbed out to someone that specializes in repair and not having your local dealer slap some epoxy on the crack and paint over the crack and call it a day

thanks for the help, looks like ill be dealing dirctley with kawi for this one insted of the dealer

Ya still wanna take it to the dealer. They will look at it and submit the claim to Kawi for you then sub it out to fiber shop. Most Fiber shops will guaranty their work especially for the dealer who they wanna keep on good terms with. You'll be fine if you approach this correctly.

Ive heard of Kawi replacing entire top decks for this same issue.

No sweat, we just get protective and short when threads start in the manner this one did. All's cool with me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information