+1

My "down graded" 06 RXP speeds.

I took my rxp down to an almost stage 1 setup & was surprised. I was at lake mead this weekend & it was blown out on sat. but sun. was a beautiful day.
    With a 4" air intake, riva grate,riva pro BO's & a stock prop with 1mm added I got a 70.9 @ 8060 rpm & a lot of low 70's with a stock SC wheel (thanx 05limited!!) & IC on 7/8 tank! I could have easily went over 71 if it were glass but there was small chop & ripples. Not bad for the stock prop on a stock SC wheel.

Ocgpr & Keith Kman were there on saturday & we got beat up by the waves! Maybe next time keith! Me & Ocgpr went out on sunday & played a few hrs.

Here's a gps shot & some boat pics from a horrible accident friday night. Keith can tell the story since he would know more about it than me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lake mead 034.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	40381   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lake mead 016.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	40382   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lake mead 018.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	40383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lake mead 020.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	40384  

Jim, glad to hear Sunday was better for you! My dad and I went out Saturday night around 5pm and went through the narrows. I did some speed runs on the other side of the narows. First pass was 70.0 with the trim in the middle at 8000 rpm. I moved the trim up and did another pass. 70.7 at 8050 rpm. I moved the trim up slightly again (3 notches from the top) and I did a 70.9 mph run at 8050. I put the trim all the way up but the speed was lower.

I'm happy with 70.9 mph with an almost full tank of gas (-2 bars) with a 210 pound rider.

The story of the sunken boat gets better!

So apparently the boat went out at 7pm. It was dark. They hit the island outside of the harbor. There were two people on board. A boat passing by in the early morning found a guy passed out on the beach, probably due to hitting his head. He asked the people were his friend was, but they could not locate him. The National Park Rangers came out and had Las Vegas Metro Divers come out to see if the body was in the boat. The description was, the man they could not find was wearing a cream colored shirt and white shorts.

Jim, do you remember the 40-foot Fountain we saw leave the harbor as we were loading the skis? Tim and I were talking about it. Anyways, while the divers were getting prepped and getting ready to dive, the 40 foot Fountain calls on the radio that they found a body floating in the water near another island about 4 miles away. The description of the male didn't match the one on the crashed boat since the one they found was wearing all black. The rangers get really confused at this point. It ended up being a 39-year-old male that went missing 10 days ago while wind surfing.

So the coroner comes out, picks up the body in black clothing, and then and goes and picks up the body trapped in the boat. Finding each body happened within 20 minutes of one another. Kind of weird.

Kind of weird when we drove by the boat yesterday morning, there was a dead body inside.

Did that drag racing video come out?

creepy

that is creepy !!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post
    Jim, glad to hear Sunday was better for you! My dad and I went out Saturday night around 5pm and went through the narrows. I did some speed runs on the other side of the narows. First pass was 70.0 with the trim in the middle at 8000 rpm. I moved the trim up and did another pass. 70.7 at 8050 rpm. I moved the trim up slightly again (3 notches from the top) and I did a 70.9 mph run at 8050. I put the trim all the way up but the speed was lower.

I'm happy with 70.9 mph with an almost full tank of gas (-2 bars) with a 210 pound rider.

Would you mine taking a better photo of your GPS mount?

Quote Originally Posted by cbrich View Post
    Would you mine taking a better photo of your GPS mount?
    I don't use a GPS mount. I use a Garmin Forerunner 201. I'm the guy in the picture on the yellow ski. You can see it on my left wrist.

Thread Information