Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: rxpx addiction

+1

rxpx addiction

After realizing I can't go a day without reading thru this website. I have found that I have a serious addiction here. When will seadoo release more info on the rxpx?
    This website is my crack and knowing when more info will come out (or drug dealer delivery date) will hopefully allow me to return to the real world and work until at least that said date.

A few things im interested in hearing about:

will it have a graco or any strainer

whats the impeller pitch

when will we see aftermarket mods specific to the x (ie thru hull exhaust)

what are the stock size injectors

what will the stock ecu be capable of

are there different sponsons

will a 4" air intake fit (due to the ext ic)

what size diameter is the nozzle

will rxp Mline seat covers fit the X, (BRP says its a lower "racing" seat)

And more importantly, how is it that a modded rxp with about 250hp can doo 75mph, but a stock rxpx with an aftermarket grate and impeller has little chance of doing so. I hear some of the guys saying no way due to the larger intake, but the little voices in my head say if you can get more water in and have the power to push it out, you will go faster!

As you can see these are extremely important questions that need answers, and since I want to sleep sometime this winter and not have my head spinning at night, just knowing there is a date will at least ease my mind temporarily.

Thank you for the counseling session guys, I already feel much better. Better go get another cup of coffee, these shakes are a bithc.

+1
    Lots of people are addicted. I was thinking about starting a support group to help people kick the addiction!

Dont judge me...
    Mike you need to do that and also have a session about visiting this site way to much in one day.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    And more importantly, how is it that a modded rxp with about 250hp can doo 75mph, but a stock rxpx with an aftermarket grate and impeller has little chance of doing so. I hear some of the guys saying no way due to the larger intake, but the little voices in my head say if you can get more water in and have the power to push it out, you will go faster!
    If the intake is too big the "aftermarket" intake grate should do something to close it off a little. I don't think it will be hard to get it to go fast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    I don't think anybody is saying the RXPX will not go 75 mph with 'the right' intake grate and impeller ... what we ARE saying is that by switching to 'the right' intake grate and impeller (when they figure that out) and getting it to go 75 mph, you WILL lose some acceleration ... thats all.

You need to realize that the faster a ski goes, the SMALLER intake opening, and more restrictive grate it needs, to achieve the best top speed. Almost all skis that are going 75+ mph will gain speed from reducing the intake opening, NOT making it bigger ... at that speed, the pumps are overstuffing, water is getting forced in faster than it can be processed, and this actually hinders performance. Large, open intakes/grates help with takeoff, but reduce top speed.

Its all about tradeoffs. Clearly the intake/grate and impeller on the X are geared to takeoff, not top speed. So, when those parts are swapped to parts that might hit 75 mph, the takeoff will be less aggressive. There is no magic here ... if you take an X and make it hit 75 mph, you will basically have duplicated a Stage 2, and if your top speed is the same (75 mph), your takeoff is also going to be very similar to a standard RXP with a stage 2.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    There is no magic here ... if you take an X and make it hit 75 mph, you will basically have duplicated a Stage 2, and if your top speed is the same (75 mph), your takeoff is also going to be very similar to a standard RXP with a stage 2.
    See now, if thats the case. Whats the purpose of getting the X in the first place? If all your gonna get is the same accel/speeds of a plain RXP?? To the tune of -/+ 13K. When the same and a whole lot more can be had with a plain RXP of any year? Obviously if the ideas are clear, the blower on the X is already on par with the Rude. How much farther do you have to go with the X before you've hit the proverbial ceiling? Not trying to raise a stink. Just want to clear the air a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    See now, if thats the case. Whats the purpose of getting the X in the first place? If all your gonna get is the same accel/speeds of a plain RXP?? To the tune of -/+ 13K. When the same and a whole lot more can be had with a plain RXP of any year? Obviously if the ideas are clear, the blower on the X is already on par with the Rude. How much farther do you have to go with the X before you've hit the proverbial ceiling? Not trying to raise a stink. Just want to clear the air a bit.
    FYI----there are no hard numbers out, but I've never heard anyone talk about the X's charger being like a Rude.

Most people wouldn't know how to modify (or want to) a pwc. They will buy the X simply because it is the fastest/best/most expensive out there. The Rxp-x will also have a full factory warranty. You may have dealer/warranty trouble with your Stg. 2/3 Rxp.

The larger intake area will probably help alot of the Closed Course racers in the chop/on the start---many of these boats will be purchased to race in a "stock" class.

IMO----there will always be someone on the newer/bigger/faster bandwagon; & always people beating them (sometimes only temporarily) with the old school stuff that is modified/tuned perfectly. Cars, boats, planes-anything.

Just my .02

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMo-xp4me View Post
    I've never heard anyone talk about the X's charger being like a Rude.
    Jerry said it was close to the Rude.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Jerry said it was close to the Rude.
    He said close in size right? Is size a 100% determining factor of boost output?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    He said close in size right? Is size a 100% determining factor of boost output?
    Man. Im just going off what he told me. But I assume the housing and wheel size will play a big factor in boost amount, yes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information