Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra 250 idling rough

Hey all, I have a 250 with 10 hours on it. Had it out this weekend and it started fine, seemed to idle ok and I took off. While accelerating it would like bog down, regain power, bog down, regain power....... It did this for a few minutes and then went away after it really got warmed up. I then noticed that while I was idling that it would run rough. RPM's varying between 1100-1400. I took her in and when I got back gave her a good looking over with nothing out of the ordinary that I can see. I'm stumped and thought I would write and see if anybody else has had this problem before I take it in to the dealer. What does that sound like the problem could be?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by maintainin View Post
    Hey all, I have a 250 with 10 hours on it. Had it out this weekend and it started fine, seemed to idle ok and I took off. While accelerating it would like bog down, regain power, bog down, regain power....... It did this for a few minutes and then went away after it really got warmed up. I then noticed that while I was idling that it would run rough. RPM's varying between 1100-1400. I took her in and when I got back gave her a good looking over with nothing out of the ordinary that I can see. I'm stumped and thought I would write and see if anybody else has had this problem before I take it in to the dealer. What does that sound like the problem could be?
    did you check the plugs??????

Mine is doing the same thing! 30hrs.....I am going to change the plugs if I ever fine some!

its the damn plugs mine did the same thing.. i put in the irridium ones and now it works fine but i know some ppl on here dont like the irridiums..

if you want stock ones theres some on ebay for 45.00 in ultra250x search. but the iridium work for me.

Thanks guys, I'll try the changing the plugs. Why do some people not like the iridiums? Do they change the performance?

Also, do you happen to have the part number and the best place to buy the iridiums from? Thanks.

+1
    Thanks guys, I'll try the changing the plugs. Why do some people not like the iridiums? Do they change the performance?

Also, do you happen to have the part number and the best place to buy the iridiums from? Thanks.
    take the OEM plug number and google it....

OK, so the orininal spark plug part# is PMR9B. These are the NGK platinum plugs. They have them on NGK.com for $13.55 each. The iridium part# is CR9EIX and they are $7.32 each. So the iridium are actually cheaper than the platinum.

OK, so the orininal spark plug part# is PMR9B. These are the NGK platinum plugs. They have them on NGK.com for $13.55 each. The iridium part# is CR9EIX and they are $7.32 each. So the iridium are actually cheaper than the platinum.
    Thanks,I just left the dealer and was told the pmr9b plugs was 36.00 each!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxshowdownxxx View Post
    Thanks,I just left the dealer and was told the pmr9b plugs was 36.00 each!

you sure it is not 36 for the set....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information