Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    THEE 6'5" 235pd rough rider doc212121's Avatar

Where to install steering extension with wedge?

I installed my wedge and now installing the extension peice and unsure where they are specifying to install at, can someone let me know, or snap a pic of it, and the size of tool needed? Thanks!
    Andy

the little extension piece goes on the end of the cable at the steering nozzle. I`ll get a pic...PR...

Andy, here ya go!...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 09-29-2008 at 07:09 AM.

hey pr wha ya do to get your orange pump nosle

Perfect thanks bro, what did you use to remove the cable, where did you hold onto it and wrench on?
    Thanks again
    Andy

Hey PR
    My reverse handle wont settle all the way back down either, know how to adjust that, is it normal? Seems like my steering feels a bit stiffer too, anyway let me know.
    Thanks bud
    Andy

I think it's a 11mm nut and the cable end is 10 mm. Hold the nut with the 11 and loosen the cable end, I heated mine up a little just incase there was loctite from the factory. The reverse handle does stay up a little....was that way on RXPs and RXTs

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicMS3 View Post
    I think it's a 11mm nut and the cable end is 10 mm. Hold the nut with the 11 and loosen the cable end, I heated mine up a little just incase there was loctite from the factory. The reverse handle does stay up a little....was that way on RXPs and RXTs
    ditto, but I found the reverse cable did need adjustment when I had my reverse still on. steering shouldn`t feel stiffer. spray some bomb lube on the cable ahead of where it comes out of the hull.
    ok, reverse cable adjustment: at the end of the reverse cable where you see it`s attached to the arm with a 6mm bolt/10mm head/nut, loosen this bolt with washers and remove, remember orientation of washers/spacer.
    next, put one wrench on jam nut and one wrench on square part of cable end and loosen. spin down the jam nut out of the way and adjust the lengh of cable with cable end, turning right shortens, turning left lengthens. after you reverse handle stays down with minimal effoert to lift up lock the jam nut. put a little blue loctite on the threads and tighten jam nut against cable end...sounds more complicated than it really is!...PR...

the nozzle and venturi are not orange. it is painted red... ...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 10-01-2007 at 07:14 PM.

Got the extension in thanks, Ill tackle the reverse tomorrow, thanks for the help fellas!

PR.....you got me going to adjust my reverse cable in the dark with a flashlight......I didn't even think about adjusting the cable.....I just figured it was a side effect of the wedge.....Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information