Thread: Tricks

Tricks

What tricks can you do on an RXP? How do you do them? How the hell do you get water to shoot straight up in the air like in Green Hulk's video?

+1
    I don't remember seeing jerry post any trick videos but I have a few.

http://purelinux.org/seadoo/spinout.wmv

on flat water, go straight till i hit about 30 sometimes faster if i feel like it, lean forward (this helps raise the sponsons out of the water), sitting or standing, let go of throttle, lean to the left and turn bars left for a second or two. then at some point, give it some gas, lean right turn right and you'll spin out the rear. once you get the hang of it, you can actually slide the ski. once you start spinning out you can give it a burst of throttle and shoot a wall of water.

most of the people i watch just go straight and turn, this is a little different.

you should be able to bunny hop the ski totally out of the water without bouncing, you could also stand as far back as you can, push down with your legs and bounce the throttle till you bunny hop out of the water, then when you are bored with that, bunny hop and turn at the same time.

one more that i hate telling people about because you could cause some serious damage is a sub. you can sub your rxp but i seldom ever do it, it sucks in too much water. go straight about 20 mph, let go of throttle, glide, throw it into reverse and get it just a little throttle till the nose dips, throw it back in to forward and hit the gas and hold the hell on. i would do this once and then let the bailers suck the water out. you'd be surprised how much water enters your ski on this move. you also run the risk of breaking the reverse gate. The last thing you want is water in that supercharger so be careful!

that's what i know. you can find more videos if you just go to http://purelinux.org/seadoo (not all the videos are mine)

have fun.

Although Mike has done an excellent job in the narrative, the best way to learn tricks and advance your skills and abilities is to ride with others who have superior ridding skills and can show you the tricks.
    Seeing first hand is hard to beat. Most important, KNOW YOUR LIMITATIONS!

"The difference between Genius and Stupid, is Genius has limitations!"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big_nuts2_493.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	153  

+1
    I can say I have never been thrown off my rxp, i don't know if that's good or bad. Either I am not riding hard enough or I know my limits. Hell I dunno.

On my lake there is an open grate bridge about 10 feet above the water. If i ever get the spinning out and shooting a 20 foot plume of water straight up trick I'm going to be spending most of my time there. Think about it, you are just driving along across this bridge and suddenly a wall of water erupts out of the road. Priceless. MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA!!!

I have a trick that is really cool, but I have a hard time explaining exactly how I do it or if this is just something everyone knows about. As you are going straight at about 40 mph, start to zig zag back and forth and then momentarily let of the gas and turn and then pin it again and this will make you do a complete 360 spin, the cool thing is when you have stopped spinning you will be surrounded by this wall of water that just rains down all around you, kinda of like being inside a tornado or something. I guess the pump must be out of the water spraying water up, because you'd be suprised how long the water keeps coming down. Make sure you are holding on tight though, because this happens kind of fast. You also have to play around with body english a little and the boat really responds to it. Good luck and I hope it works for you, I have'nt had this RXP very long, but it's my favorite trick so far.

You know what my favorite trick is? Its idling the 13 miles back to my cabin because i sucked up a stupid stick or something and cant get it out (i eventually sucked up another stick which knocked out the first one). I was flying at full throttle and max speed too. It was raining all week and there a ton of debris in the water. Funny thing is, the part of the lake I was tooling around in didnt have any debris in it.

What is really cool is i think i wore out my wear ring because i can only get 7950 rpm and 64.5 gps mph.

360's are cool, they are so easy to do with an RXP. All the skis on my lake seem to have trouble just spinning out.

I think i got it to shoot water straight up into the air like in miketrin's video, but i need somebody to watch to be sure. I did get very wet however

Subs are fun... I dont really like the idea of great volumes of water potentially going into the intake or the bucket ripping off though.

Thread Information