Attach your PWC to your boat; has anyone done it and pics?

Looking at buying a boat slip this year and boat in the next 1-2 years but the marina doesn't allow PWC's unless harnessed/secured to boat. How hard is it to get a rig up attaching your PWC to your craft? Thinking 38' SS Carver or something like that. www.carveryachts.com/38supersport.aspx Any advice would be great....any pics even better. Thanks

neighbor has a 42' SR...has his rxt on the extended swim platform... when i asked how much he said 4 grand

unless you get a huge swim platform which is going to cost you a lot of money more than 4k. and the ride is terrible we used to have a viking 50 sport fish and threw a 15 ft boston whaler on the bow with a davit and it was a pain in the ass loading an unloading the boat...i would not recomend it at all i would say find a bigger boat or find a different marina, and if your gonna look at a decent boat at least look at searay carver is junk no offense to you but its the truth.....thats like comparing a mustang against a bmw at least searay has good quality finishing on the interior and exterior

thanks

Really i heard they were Ok, few steps up from bayliner for sure and not quite searay material I like the style of the SS and not may others like that. Hows the hull of the Carvers, I am less concerbed with trim finish then I am as construction quality and hull design etc... not offended at all you think its junk in fact grateful for your post as I am just starting to educate myself on boats now.... Oh my verbal offer was accepted on the slip and its a 40 and 14 beam so can't go much bigger....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T_Bundy_04 View Post
    unless you get a huge swim platform which is going to cost you a lot of money more than 4k. and the ride is terrible we used to have a viking 50 sport fish and threw a 15 ft boston whaler on the bow with a davit and it was a pain in the ass loading an unloading the boat...i would not recomend it at all i would say find a bigger boat or find a different marina, and if your gonna look at a decent boat at least look at searay carver is junk no offense to you but its the truth.....thats like comparing a mustang against a bmw at least searay has good quality finishing on the interior and exterior

+1
    finda marina that will let you moor a ezport3 somwhere.
    alot cheaper to move, and keep your boat stock.
    tying up a floating dock cn be easy on a dock bulkhead or even a beach.

THEE 6'5" 235pd rough rider doc212121's Avatar
    SeaRay quality is not what its hyped up to be, your buying based now on their name, cmon 1.8 mil for a 60' dancer, and the bulkhead seperated on its maiden voyage, go look what 1.8 mil buys you in other brands, REAL YACHTING BRANDS. Carver is decent quality, not junk, older Carvers may have more issues, but if your looking at some 12 years and newer just get it surveyed and enjoy!

im not saying that sea ray is the best im just stating that there better than carver, im my honest opinion i beleive ferretti makes one of the best boats out there for overall quality, but they make boats stricktly for cruising and long trips, its like in the big sport fishes oceans are at the bottom of the food chain and donzi rosciolis are close to the top....it just depends on what your intentions are. we used to fish in ten all the way to 30 ft rollers in tournaments in our 50 ft viking sportfish, and before that boat we had a searay 48 fly bridge a 44 and a 37 express and the 48 was falling to peices the last trip we made with it which was the bahamas to miami we were 5 mile offshore in 6ft seas and the boat just stopped because they arent built to handle 6 ft seas at 35 knts for any length of time...viking makes a solid boat as well as buddy davis, hatteras, bertram, and ricky scarborough but a carver is a nice boat if your looking to go out on glass days island to island....ive been fishing since i was about five and ive fished on almost anthing you can think of

Thread Information